A new beginning - impressions

I did it.

I moved everything from my plundra into the inventory of my primary character and started a new game with a new world and a new character.

It’s very interesting to see how the game changed by now.

I decided not to go everywhere on the map. For now. I’ll follow the missions and unlock the safehouses. As soon as I got the motorbike (I know, I still have access to all of them, but I want to wait with using them until I found the tuned moped) I will explore the rest, too.

I just began yesterday and played until I unlocked the first warboard in vesslan command bunker.

There are so many changes in this short part, but I just want to highlight a few impressions. For now.

Day 1

• Until now I love the implementation of pontus and teresa and the revamped missions and locations.

• It feels different. Although the new introduction feels good, it’s not the same feeling anymore. Now it’s: “You are not alone.”
    Before it felt like the opposite which was the beginning of the mystery.

• It feels easier. I may remember wrong, but are there less machines now at the beginning? And more loot and more stations in the locations and safehouses?

• Although I’m just level 3 or 4 currently, I have more gear now than in my first beginning at this point. If I remember right. * I have a 2c Möller with 1c silencer and 1c ext mag, a 2c Meusser with 1c silencer, 1c 4x8 scope and one of each single vision modules, 1c AG4 with 1c 1x4 scope, 1c 12G and a 1c bat. And lots of ammo, even for the Meusser, the AG4 and the 12G.

• There already are two rivals.

• I had a side mission marker at Stenhaga Farm but I couldn’t find how to start it. It was something about practicing shooting, I guess.

• I didn’t find how to open the door to the tower of the 1st church yet.

4 Likes

You’re correct. There’s more ammo available now, which used to be the real frustrating thing in the beginning before that made it so difficult.

1 Like

It does feel very different in some ways, older players had the mystery, but newer now have more back story and guidance from the npc, I’m enjoying the sessions I’m doing now and seeing what’s different :+1:

1 Like

I really appreciated the NPC dialogue, it connected a bunch of fragments of story that I failed to get a whole picture of in my first playthrough.

I started again on guerilla mode only using weapons I found with the fresh character nd it certainly brought back that uneasy feeling from my first time around.

1 Like