A new reaper tank on Himfjäll

Will just say when playing generation zero yesterday on Himfjäll, and checked my map, there was a whole new icon, also an enemy called something with Reaper. and with 2 questions mark in the name.

After close down the map, a big message appear at the right of the screen, that this enemy is an enemy you DONT mess with. Prepare yourself with lots of ammo and stimpacks etc.

I decide to walk to the enemy, and it looks like a normal tank, but it was a very challenging fight, the tank has a crazy nuclear blast that gave a high explosive sound, which kill all in one shot at a long range around the tank. It has some red light on it, I dont know it is a kind of a shield, so it cant take damage, when sometimes the red light disappear. And then the tank spawn many runners after the nuclear blast.

I was happy i had my binoculars to check that the tank did take damage, when i many times thought it could not be killed. But after spent around 400 high explosives rockets with my Experimental Grg m/49 and lots of ammo with other weapons, i success get it killed. But the bonus was very poor. Only one special bonus was some gloves to wear, and then all other in the bonus was like a normal tank, except i got 9 advanced medkits.

If i see that enemy again, i will never kill it again because of the poor bonus compared to so much ammo and medkit i spent. I also was lucky that i could hide behind a house every time the tank use the nuclear blast, so i didnt die. Unfortunately i died anyway sometimes even i was hiden behind a house. But it was better when i lay down behind the house to avoid the blast.

The Reaper was added back in 2020, it’s basically a super Rival that is more difficult to spawn.

1 Like

Cool. I have played the game over 202 hours at all. And at that that time, i never seen that enemy, so i thought is was a new enemy update to the game

It just has a chance to appear if a region is at level 21 or above.

It may drop multiple experimental weapons and apparel. The apparel is a set you can only obtain by defeating the reaper.

There is an experimental sledgehammer (like thor’s mjölnir) you can only obtain by defeating a reaper.

I write “defeating”, because killing it is very hard, as it selfdestructs in most cases with one of its “firestorm” attacks if its health is somewhere below 17% (Please correct me, if the value is lower).

Fairly sure it’s a bug, but you can cancel the Reaper’s self destruct, and get a guaranteed kill every time. The moment he begins the sequence, take cover and wait. If he loses aggro before he ignites the gas, he won’t self destruct, and won’t attempt it again.

Tbh, I really hate that self destruct thing. Never saw the point, it’s incredibly hard to drop him before he blows up, even in multiplayer

2 Likes

A little overview I did on the Reaper.

2 Likes

I really could use that 6 stars sledges hammer, but i dont dont there is another way to get that weapon

Nope, EXP Sledge is a Reaper Exclusive weapon.

1 Like

Always a challenging fight, it’s fun to spawn the reaper in different regions and use other weapons and cover, I really liked this when it was added and it’s still fun now :fire::v:

1 Like

my reaper farmland swimmed to himfjall i dont know how but it happened. when recon update added he was at himfjall. reaper looked damaged 99% health.

Each update, Rivals tend to change regions but still count to whatever region they used to be in. This includes Reapers as well.

1 Like