Alpine Unrest - feedback

So I’ve played through the island, and while I enjoyed it very much, imho the difficulty needs some adjustment compared to the original area:

• Too much damage over time on this place
  • Most enemies have too much health / damage resistance (or so it seems)
  • In combination with the higher damage dealt by enemies, it seems you’ve also nerfed the drop rate of medikits

All in all, I rarely see players on the island nowadays, less than a week from release. It’s more rewarding staying on the main island farming - less ammo wasted, less medpacks wasted and for the same reward.

If you want players to continue to play on the new island, you shouldn’t make it twice as hard for the same amount of rewards.

1 Like

I completely disagree on everything that’s been said here.
To your point tho, It is increasingly challenging from what we were use to but, I have been receiving plentiful amount of rewards for my efforts. I know that I not the greatest player and doubt many who play feel the same however, it is a manageable challenge, just not for everyone.

I have enjoyed the new DLC greatly. It is a more challenging area to have fun in. When I get low on ammo etc. I go back to the main play area, farm for a bit, and then go back to Alpine. I for one hope they don’t scale the difficulty back. The main area was getting boring with how easy it is to take down two or three tanks at one time, with runners, and hunters together. No participation trophy’s for Alpine. Lol if ya can’t handle the apocalypse stay on the main island! (Just a joke BTW!)

1 Like

Hazza!!! A Man of Quality!!!

1 Like

I don’t mind the difficulty per se but the difficulty/drop rate ratio needs adjusting. I have killed some 40 apo tanks now and I have yet to see a gold machine gun drop.

1 Like

I played on the island alone and noticed the exact opposite. The apocalypse class machines are easy to break down, if you have the right weapons. The .50 six-star caliber is very powerful, the medikits are very easy to find, even the ammunition is easy to find. The only problem is when the rival machines reach level 4. In this case you have to fight harder. I won the battle of the robot waves at the hotel on the second attempt. Just knowing how to plan the strategy and have the right equipment, the rest comes by itself.

1 Like

The very first tank I got in to a conflict with dropped a five star gold m.g. 7.62 model (not bragging) and my wife in same game got a 4 star of the 5.56 model off of another tank. It is possible to get the higher level M.G.'s. it took me FOREVER to find the exp. A.g.-4 off of a rival (have killed close to 100 rivals). Just keep pushing forward and hunting those tanks. You will find one!

It’s a manageable challenge, just not a fun one. Defeating those bullet spongey tanks takes so long I get bored halfway through (when I’m well-positioned, otherwise it’s probably a third of the way through).

Long fights would be fine if victory felt like an achievement (i.e. you take out the tank, it’s never coming back), but as long as there’s an infinite supply of machines, I really wish fights would go more quickly. (Since if the last fight wasn’t long enough, you can just pick another.)

tl;dr I love many things about the DLC, but I’m bored already by the new machines. If another DLC is made with even bullet-spongier enemies, I expect to give it a pass.

1 Like

Getting a dig in and then adding, “Now that I said this, I don’t want to be held accountable” looks a bit cowardly. Say it and stand by it, or don’t say it at all! :wink:

1 Like

If I meant to hurt someones feelings @Ennui, I would have. It was a simple joke. Maybe relax a little, and have some fun? If you can’t poke a little fun without someone getting hurt :snowflake::snowflake::snowflake:, then the last place they need to be is on a public forum.

lol, let the gaslighting begin! :smile:
Please cite where I say I’m not having fun?

What gives you the impression anyone got hurt?
It was you who felt it necessary to immediately disown their own line. If it’s harmless as you now say, that shouldn’t be necessary.
If you read again, that’s all I ever asked. I didn’t say “You shouldn’t have said that”, I said, “You could have said that without looking like a coward.”

1 Like

I also have to disagree.
Feels like I had infinite supply of medkits and 5.56 bullets. Always when I killed a tank, it dropped 300 - 1000 5.56. Though, I didn’t get many of those new weapons.
And the difficulty isn’t that much harder. Completed the final battle using just 2 adrenalines and the hotel still had more than half of the HP. The tank was a little annoyance, because it stayed outside of the battle zone, so I had to basically snipe it down. (Didn’t use the exp. 50. rifle, because I don’t have one)

To sum it up: Feels like it is more rewarding to stay at the dlc island to farm ammo, medkits and adrenaline.

Drop rates do need an increase for sure.

1 Like

You forgot one major problem that alpine has. They NEED to make the central town area less laggy. All the police car lights keep making my FPS drop down to 20-30. This needs to be addressed also. By the way the Apocalypse class enemies are more that enough challenge.

1 Like

A bunch of Off-topic, passive aggressive posting removed. A thread has already been locked due to a few people being unable to contain themselves. Stick to the topic instead of attempting to escalate dramatics. This is a discussion forum, not a fighting pit. So behave, guys.

1 Like

I loved the dlc but ever since I had it the game crashes horrifically if I’m in combat or just finish or being blown up by explosives. It happens between 5min and 30min of gameplay pls help I lost a 5 crown kvm 59 to this bug. The game crash and I had the weapon in my hands but I was online and I put me to my last auto save and that was just after the resistance mission so I didn’t have it :sob: