Alpine unrest where?

Hi, I started the game 2 days ago. and I go through Salthamn (bunker shelter). my question is … where on the map is the Alpine Unrest DLC? It must be very far, right? Is that map accessible now or do I have to continue with the story and move on? I would appreciate answers with a map. thank you very much

You have to carry on progressing with the missions, then you will get a mission called Not Alone. You can go there as soon as you get the mission, but I would complete the main story first as it will make much more sense. Himjfall is circled in red on the map below.
gz%20map

1 Like

Also, the missions on Himfjall are a lot harder, so you will need some good weapons before going there. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

my mother !!! what a giant map. I think I’m still on the tip of the iceberg. Thank you very much for answering so clearly. How many hours can the story last?

1 Like

Yes the map is massive, but I haven’t completed it yet so I am not sure, but others on the forum have so they will be able to help :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Completely depends on how fast are you progressing.

When i initially played GZ, in my sneak & snipe style, slowly sneaking around, it took me about 117 gameplay hours to finish vanilla main and side missions. Of course, getting the best gear, all collectables and full exploration isn’t included in that.

Alpine Unrest DLC (Himfjäll), took me about 80 gameplay hours to complete 100% (all missions, collectables and exploration).

2 Likes

I’m also playing stealthily and slowly, exploring almost everything … and very scared … hahahaha, avoiding confrontations in the open field

The whole island of Himfjäll is covered with snow. Bring thick winter clothing, a grizzled attitude and a suitable weapon to warm things up with.

1 Like

I play alone and adventure mode. I hope the next PS4 update softens the fighting a bit because they are deadly

I also played alone back then (still am though) but back then there was one difficulty level to all, comparable to current Skirmish. Currently, i play on Guerilla though (have played on Guerilla as soon as different difficulty levels were introduced in March '20 update).

And new update to PS4 makes the game a lot easier when it comes to combat. :wink:

1 Like

The ps4 update is highly anticipated by me … but it never comes. I’ve been waiting for it for 6 months. In the end I opted to play without the update. Hope it comes out soon and doesn’t break my current breakthrough.