Alvaret plains/ windmills empty

I’ve also noticed that there are not many enemies spawn anywhere near a safe house, I’m not a great gamer to say the least but I loved it when there were stacks of machines roaming about. Personally I hope the devs increase the amount of machines roaming around the world a LOT make it worth while.

Well, it makes sense to me that the machines are not falling like raindrops from the sky right now. I’ve completed all missions and cleaned up a few places twice taking out the machines on standby duty. And it is not like I can’t go and pick a fight. I just have to follow the stomping sound.

I’m sure that we’ll be facing more action in future installments, but while we’re waiting for that, a challenge mode would be cool. I’ll post a suggestion in the feedback category!

Ghost in the machine?

Who knows…

Well the machines are definitely back at my place. Went to Ostervik and took out two tanks and a harvester yesterday. The harvester finally dropped a 5* Algstudsare! Then I strolled along the coast eastwards and took a detour to Lerberget. Saw a solitary FNIX tank parading up the road an decided to take it out. Got inside a house and shot at it to get its attention. Two minutes after I was surrounded by three FNIX tanks, five FNIX hunters, five FNIX runners, and six FNIX seekers, blasting me with gas, grenades, and bullets. It was pitch black outside and all the light was on in the house. My toughest fight so far. I then continued towards Sundgård, but met with another pack of four hunters, five runners, a harvester, and a few seekers - all FNIX. This time I fought from a shack. Lots of medpacks and some adrenaline shots later I went onwards to the mills only to find three tanks doing their usual business. I hadn’t died so far, so I found a nice safehouse and tugged in for the night.

Kind of like the quiet periods too … :fearful:

@IanForce
See that is the issue…
If you encounter 2, 3 dogs, that alone SHOULD be your absolute inescapable death.
The rest of the bunch SHOULD be the inescapable end of a full “mediocre” team.

But no… (Hyperbole follows): you engage 5 FNIX tanks, 10 FNIX hunters, 25 FNIX dogs… and you kill’m all in one toss of a grenade?
Then you go on, see three FNIX tanks lined up, and shoot, with the first pistol you got and the simplest of ammo… and they drop all three nicely dead, giving you 15 gold items…
How the hell can that be possible?
That is just… extremely wrong…

No, @Xogroroth, that is not exactly how I perceived the incidents. I was very well stocked up with ammo but at the end of the fights I was left with two paperclips and a rubber band. I took hugely advantage of the structures - after taking a lot of beating I kind of found their weak spots. But basically … of course you’re right. IRL I would have died in seconds. But … IT IS A GAME! IT’S FUN! I LIKE IT! If I died every time a machine winked at me, I would be playing solitaire instead. :wink:

1 Like

[quote=“IanForce, post:24, topic:19169, full:true”] I hadn’t died so far, so I found a nice safehouse and tugged in for the night.

Kind of like the quite periods too … :fearful:
[/quote]
With all due respect… that is precisely how you perceived it.
Well, not PERCEIVED it, but experienced it…
While, being it a survival game, THAT is NOT how it should have been possible to be experienced like that…?

Rephrasing: in that period, you basically should have died like… a hundred plus times, as it is a survival game? :slight_smile:

I totally agree except for the very last statement. To me it is not a survival game. To me it is an extremely beautiful open world game to explore with an intriguing storyline and missions to accomplish. And a few machines to bash as a bonus. If the apocalypse truly came, I’m not entirely sure that I would like to be among the survivors … :thinking:

1 Like

@IanForce
Have you seen last wednesdays stream?
It was, upon me asking, confirmed it WAS a survival game, said by Mr. Graham himself…
So… sorry… it IS meant as a survival game, in absolute fact.

Alas…
Meant as… does sadly not equal… the reality… :frowning:
But that is precisely why I am being so hardcore about it, my friend, I bought it as a survival game.
I want Alien, where each machine is an alien in threat.
But somehow I took a wrong turn and ended up in My Little Pony…???

Now, what’s wrong with My Little Pony? I’ve collected all the little ponies in the game already :joy::horse::+1:

1 Like

@IanForce
cries in massive depression

LOL, Ian, good one…
Still, I want to “collect” a few “aliens” as well, rip their head with spine and all out and…
Who am i kidding, I be dead long before I see one…
But DAMN what a THRILL…

@Xogroroth, my friend, I sympathize with your expectations and I so much hope the game will get a megadeath mode to satisfy you - and quite a lot of other guys too. I just hope I get to play with my ponies too :wink::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

1 Like

@IanForce
Oh HELL yeah, OPTIONAL… is the key word here.
I do not want to enforce this on anyone!!!
But I DO stand up for my pleasure as well, OPTIONAL.

See, this is why I think you’re such a DAMN FINE fella…
Deathcore MODE!!!
99,three trillion eight hundred would have missed that one word.
And you, my fine friend… you actually DID use it, and note it… :slight_smile:

1 Like

The machines are definitely back after the update. There is a lot of stomping and grawling in almost any direction. Went to Garphammer and ended up in a fight with a tank, two harvesters, a hunter and eighteen (!!!) runners …

1 Like