Amazing Weather and Lighting Effects,

I absolutely love the lighting mixed with the snow or rain. All I have to do is play some the dark knight music and it feels like something straight out of a movie. I was impressed with the lighthouse lighting most of all it looks amazing. But it sucks that you can only see the rain and snow in the light.

5 Likes

Totally agree. The weather system is really nice. However, it’s kind of funny that the snow sounds like rain sometimes… afaik, snow doesn’t sound much at all when falling from the sky.

1 Like

Yeah when in a building and its snowing outside it sounds the same as rain also sometimes it starts to rain and to snow im not sure if this is purposeful or not.

From what I can tell based on observation, it appears to be a case like Minecraft, the type of precipitation is dictated by where you are, but not really modeled much beyond the visuals.

I agree as well, I find the immersion of the day/night cycle, the weather and the terrain/vegetation has me completely hooked. I especially like that clouds have shadows, that there is frost early in the morning on the northern slopes of hills and that some grasses, plants and bushes are quieter to sneak through than others. The level of detail in the entire environment is fantastic. I once sat on a hilltop, put on an Abba tape (well, a playlist actually but in my character’s head it was a walkman) and just enjoyed the scenery for a while.