Ammunition Goes From "XXX" to "0" instantly

**Platform:**PC

**Steps To Reproduce:**  Play the game.  It just happens from time to time and apparently on any weapon in use.  I've had it happen using the Automatger 4 and the .243 Hunting rifle.

**Images / Videos:** Video link here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsF5V5Lt7jw

**Host or Client:**Solo play.

**Players in your game:** Solo play.

**Specifications:** Windows 10 64 bit Home version.  Ryzen 1800x, 32 Gig of 3200 RAM, All SSDs, Dual 1080 Ti's in SLI mode, 3440 x 1440 all settings at Ultra.

Had this happen a couple of nights ago. I had several stacks of 7.62 FMJ totalling over 700 rounds. After 1 small close range encounter with a group of runners in a bunker where I likely didn’t use any more than 2-3 mags’ worth of ammo, my total was showing 0 ammo for my AI-76. I’ve read of others having this, but hadn’t experienced it before personally.

Not sure if this is related but I had an ammo bug as well yesterday, where I had precisely one mag of 7,62 FMJ rounds left and when I fired, the ammo pool magically refilled itself for every shot. Then I could reload and it’d refill itself again, basically an infinite ammo glitch. Sadly I wasn’t able to reproduce it, but the ammo system definitely needs looking at.

The whole inventory system is a mess. I honestly don’t envy them having to repair it. This isn’t a small fix. It’s going to require major surgery. That said, the fact they left is such a horrible and buggy inventory system at launch is equally mind-boggling. How did no one ever flag this as problematic?

Well, we’re flagging it now. It’s a big topic, it’ll probably get looked at soon. There’s a stream today, let’s ask them then :slight_smile:

@Crunchmeister
That’s not quite fair, is it.
Up until recent, there was no issue with ammo.
SOMETHING broke it.
I agree.
Haven’t had this myself yet.

But to say inventory is a mess?
No, not fair.

The inventory has been an awkward mess since launch. There are plenty of issues with the inventory system. Try doing a search for ‘inventory’ and see how many issues people are finding with it. The devs are aware and have acknowledged it, and it was brought up in the live stream last week that it was going to be a major undertaking to fix it. Disappearing ammo is only 1 of the many issues with it.

By far, this is the most awkward, and frustrating inventory of any game I’ve played in recent memory. I love this game. I’ve been playing since launch and have sunk about 120 hours into it so far, which is a lot considering I’m an old dude with a career, family and tons of other obligations that prevent me from playing as much as I’d like. I play a couple of hours almost every night. Now that I’ve played through the game once and starting over, I know how to avoid or work around the mission-related bugs. But the inventory system is a constant source of frustration.

2 Likes