An “update” to machine behavior

So in the latest April update path notes, the team stated that they updated the bots’ approach to combat, but I feel like all they did was amp up everything about the bots by 10. All I noticed was a huge increase to the rate of fire, range, and accuracy of their tear gas mortars and machine guns. Granted, I do play on Guerrilla, but this tweak to their “behavior” seems way over the top.

Even if I try and get a good distance away to use a sniper rifle, their guns just mow me down anyways no matter the range I’m at. Don’t even get me started on the bs railgun hunters that the Harvesters can now apparently spawn. I’ve tested it, and even at 250+ meters away, a Tank and Harvester’s rocket salvos hit you near instantly, because all you see is a yellow flash and all of a sudden you’re either at 9 health or downed.

How am I even supposed to fight back against an all-powerful aimbot machine that can see through walls and spray endless waves of rockets at you? What’s more, every bot’s detection range is apparently on the level of a seeker’s now, because I’ve been spotted by Hunters and Runners through several walls from at least 120 something meters away. I wanted to play this game for a challenging experience, not one that was near impossible. I’m not some masochist that enjoys getting screwed over at every turn, so if this is an actual intentional update, I’m shelving this game for a good, long while.

5 Likes

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Machine behaviour post April 2020 update