Applemurder Mission doesn't appears

Played 100 Hours since the December 2022 Update. Have already finished all the Missions since long and have normally Played the Game for unlocking the New Mission, but it doesn’t appear. How long does it take to appear?

You need to visit one of the locations where the apple murders have taken place, then wait a little while and that will start the mission.

Which one is it pls? I don’t know where it is!

There are many possible locations…
That’s why I loved the game so much, when I started playing it about 2 years ago.

It wasn’t just about fighting machines in rambo-style. There were not everywhere tons of machines. There were not so many weapons and ammo everywhere. There was no clear recurring theme which guided us directly into ending the war against the machines. There was less, but so much more. Less action and so much more untold stories. Less hints, but so much more to find. Well, it’s still there, but GZ doesn’t invite us any more to examine the world. Everything you need now is directly in front of your nose. It became too easy, too friendly to new players.

The game changed from a mysterious survival experience to an open world arcade shooter.
Not everything is bad now, don’t get me wrong, but the experience is very different.

Now you just fight machines and walk from A to B, to C and so on.

In the past you took the time to investigate every single road and structure shown on the map.

And by that you learned every location, found so many mysterious or even funny scenes.

Walk around with open eyes and you’ll find more than just more machines. Look for dead bodies and apples. Or apples on dead bodies. That’s all.

2 Likes

@Madchaser explains it well. But, in case you want some spoilers;

Summary

Checkout the small ‘Vargen Bunker’ just north of Östervik, that should be a good spot.

1 Like

Thanks! I Appreciate it.

Hmm… now as you’re mentioning it…

The mission marker disappeared from my map after the update and also the description in the upper left “Go back to the…” (I was in the mid of the mission and had to return to the place)
The only thing (possibly) left of it is the mission sign “An invitation” in the upper left but I think that was the one for the first part !? Not sure about that but the mission isn’t listed in my sidemissions any more, too…

Damn…

I already finished the mission, but just to be sure I checked my log screen:

Everythings fine.

A little follow up, for me the mission seems to be totally gone now. The mission text/description in the upper left “An invitation” has vanished and there is no entry in my log under sidemissions.
I visited two of the initial apple murder mystery locations (Vargen & the house north of Boo) and also the barn at the orchard (that was the next location to visit again for me before the update hit) but nothing worked. I couldn’t get my already running mission to reappear and it wouldn’t start again even though it vanished from my logs. Odd…