Archipelago region, almost impossible to level up

Quantity…
LOL…
Sir, the reason why Germany stood so long, was the quality of thir materials…
Overcomplicated, sure, but damn awesome quality.
Many an American back then said, each Tiger or Leopard was worth 10 Shermans.

Why do you think we are no longer using revolvers in the army?
MUCH easier to make, sir…

Quality is very important, sir.
And it’s not just quality, but improved technology as well.
Not that the game shows this, sadly, but you get the point, I think, sir…

Okay, then. I HAD Nazi Germany in mind as examples.
They went nuts with heavy tanks (tigers +). And then by the end of war they had more StuG’s than Pz’s - same chassis, but when numbers were needed, StuG’s were cheaper and faster to assemble.
Tigers indeed were tecnologically superior and required more production time and quality material. But they didn’t do much by the time they beed active. Hell, there’s even “Entwicklung series project”.

Okay, let’s stop here - our techno-economic babble ain’t add much to why not to repopulate Arcipelago region.

Agreed, sir.

If you have finished FR: what did you feel seeing orange and camo machines, if I may ask, coming from Hjimfall?

Thank f*** that level 4 apocalypse harvester didn’t show up when i was still level 1

Very eloquently put, sir… grins

1 Like

Just came up with the method, albeit time wasting one - camping. Yes, with tents and marshmallows over fire (jk).

Learn most possible machine’s patrol routes and/or possible spawn points. Then, find a reliable place to hide for the long term, minimize game to read/shitpost on this forum/elsewhere or play on your phone etc.
When you hear machine noices - switch back to game and destroy group (dog pack or couple of hunters). Rince and repeat. After 3-4 ambushes it is advised to change fishing spot within region or even move abroad for repopulation by game’s simulation component. Lures (horn and music) might speed up the process.

Example spot

There is another method as well, albeit faster one - cheesing.

From another topic:

Cheesing ain’t working reliably too - I’ve tried that: clear spots, create new session, clear spots again. Thing is, with each new restart odds to encounter new spawns drastically drops. I figured that there’s something about limits about overall population in region, sort of “respawning rate” and density changes. This observation confirmed some cars in my train of thoughts after update, when 30+ rivals and around same count non-rival fatties happily grazing at Farmlands, while Archi and N.Coast were empty.

I noticed that aswell that there were a lot of machines in farmlands so I started killing them, but after one hour orn so there were none left. More annoyingly finding fnix and apoc tanks is extremly hard. So finding the new weapons feels more like a chore them something fun and exiting. I have this memory from back probably april 2019. I had just left the archipelago and on the map I saw the airbase. So naturally I went there. I managed to climb over the fence. With my newfound thermal vision unit I scouted the airfield and saw probably 6-10 tanks all over the airfield. Because I only had 2-3 star weapons this was an impossible task to complete so I decided to look for weapons around the airfield. I did find an AK so I decided to try killing the tanks, failed miserably and left the airfield with an AK and a broken pride. Many hours later me and my friends decided to try to take the challange on together and went back to the airbase. There they were, probably over 10 tanks hidden on the sides of the airbase aswell as on the runway. We went in with 2000 rounds each and 1 hour later we walked out of the airbase with our newly found 5 crown weapons and with carnage on airbase. But now… everytime I travel to the airbase I rarely find any tanks and if I find any it’s only 1 or 2. And as I walk through the warzone that is south farmlands I don’t see any tanks nor hear them in the distance. If they don’t fix this issue next patch then I really don’t know for how long I would be able to play this game because this is really taking awey all the fun from the game. As someone wise said, “What is a game about killing machines if there is no machines to kill” -Wise person 2020

What I do for leveling up regons is, I try to find a hot spot of machines, and pray to get Harvester rivals. Then I go up to the harvesters, kill their Hunter supports and disengage. Repeat