Are my eyes dirty?

Yup, I think it’s fine with anything that could reasonably scratch or age in-game, such as scopes, binoculars etc. It’s used to great effect in the various qualities of scopes, with older ones cracked and dark, and only 5c ones having pristine lenses and a red reticule. Looks great, gives a reason to hunt for better ones.

1 Like

I’ve noticed, when you’re in Photo Mode it always starts out with the dirt filter on like, 5%. It should start at zero, but doesn’t for some reason. Wonder if there’s a correlation.

2 Likes

Photo mode also doesn’t seem to respect the FOV setting - it seems to default to the base FOV, which kinda limits its usefulness.

1 Like

I bet there is. Photo mode probably starts that way to mimic the standard view. Which makes it sound intentional. I just wish they would make it a toggle or other user defined setting.

1 Like

Compounding the issue: Using binocs through windows amplifies the issue, and kinda proves that at least part of it is a bug:

Window view:

Window view through scope:

Window view through binoculars:

Edit: made new screens of initial post to compare:

Foggy sky in southern region:

View through binoculars:

View through scope:

I initially presumed this was only an artistic choice, but under these circumstances, the usability is zero.

1 Like

Can this please reviewed. As someone who wears glasses this is migraine inducing when I can’t do anything about it as a setting. Otherwise, loving the game, for the brief amounts of time I can play.

3 Likes

That’s interesting - I hadn’t thought of that…

1 Like

Sorry again for reviving, but I agree.

Giving us the ability to remove camera and film post-effects would be a nice touch, unless this goes against your vision.

Here are more screenshots.

Is there a line I could add in settings.json?