Attachment loactions

Anybody know places to get high quality attachments?
PS: (desperatly need high quality ACOG sights)

3 Likes

The Uttern, Hermelinen and Skvadern Command Bunkers are good places to look :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yes that nutter bunker above thats the first place , although if you goto FoA area and search all the green crates in the buildings is a good second option . :grin:

1 Like

Thank you for telling me locations

1 Like

Norrmyra Artillery Base (Marshlands) is another good location. So is the Muskudden Port Complex (Mountains).

Though, do note that 2x ACOG (Red Dot) scope is very rare find, especially 5* version of it.
Either find (grind) it from the world or trade with other players to get one.

3 Likes

Hey guys.

What are some good locations or some good enemies to kill to find level 5 weapon attachments for the ā€œLock & Loadā€ (equip a 5 star weapon with a full set of 5 star attachments) trophy?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Also, if any PS4 players could give / lend me anything to help, I would be eternally grateful!

1 Like

Weapon boxes up north. Muskudden Port complex is a good place for weapon boxes. Also killing FNIX, and APOC tanks and harvesters. They are a rare drop, but not impossible.

1 Like

Same discussion topics merged.

Next time, use forum search.

//Mod

The simplest way to sum it up has to be: Stay in Marshlands, North Coast and HimfjƤll. Kill everything, especially the big ones. Search everything, especially military outposts and storages.

A FNIX Tank gave me a 5* ACOG sight last time I played. Thatā€™s only the second one I have ever found. Other stuff like silencers and barrel extensions are easy to find.
If I was to rank the various attachments from most common to rarest, IMO it would be like this:

1. Barrel attachments, all kinds.
  2. 1-4 and 4-8 scope.
  3. Extended magazines.
  4. 6-12 and 8-16 scope.
  5. ACOG sight.
2 Likes

Iā€™ll second @NJR87 here - have found my share of 5* attachments over time. The rarest stuff is, by far, the triple visor. Then come the ACOG and AG4 magazine, the 8-16 scope and the extended PVG mag. I usually found the best parts at Muskudden, Norrmyra and when running through the military base close to Muskudden.

1 Like

The full vision module, I would put in the same category at the Holy Grenade since the April update.

There used to be a very nice spawn spot for them, which we both farmed as we knew they were rare - but Iā€™ve not seen a full vsison

1 Like

Itā€™s important to mention (to those who donā€™t know) that the difference between the vision modules and all other attachments, is that vision module drops are affected by the Mechanic perk.
My first character had 2 points in Mechanic, and I found a full vision module quite early on, actually.
And of course, damaging the machineā€™s vis. mod. during combat, decreases your chance of looting it. So KVM 59 Ramboā€™s like myself, probably wonā€™t find many. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thatā€™s true, but I maxed that perk as soon as possible, and still found only a single vision module in more than 250 hours of gameplay. Thatā€™s with a generally precision-oriented approach and an exp PVG to help with thatā€¦

To be honest, Iā€™m not really complaining. Like with Borderlands and getting that leveled Hellfire SMG with the right parts, I generally prefer having rare stuff in-game because it gives me motivation to try new approaches and clench my teeth when things get tough. So, by no means am I asking the devs to change that. If all the rare weapons and attachments were guaranteed drops, why even bother?

1 Like

I donā€™t really use the vision module at all, so Iā€™m not making a fuss searching for them. My current character is without Mechanic. Give me ammo and medkits, and Iā€™m happy! :slight_smile:
I fully agree we should have some really rare loot to search for. Hunting for loot is a good way to keep people playing. Speaking of which, you saved me countless hours of grinding with all the stuff you gave me a while back! :smile: The only things really left for me to grind for is the 5* Ƅlgstudsare and the 5* KVM 59, which are extremely elusive!

1 Like

Regarding the module: It isnā€™t useful at all, if Iā€™m honest. I mainly use the thermal scope with my PVG, and have the tri-scope relegated to ā€˜spotting dutyā€™ with my binoculars. I donā€™t really need the NVG aspect as I find the nights not dark enough to warrant the use, and within buildings I prefer the flashlight because itā€™s hands-free (so to speak). The x-ray might be useful if the robots were treated with object permanence, but the way the renderer operates now, they tend to disappear far too often.
I see the module more as an ā€˜unicornā€™ loot item than a desirable piece of equipment (at least since I found it, before that I thought it would somehow change the game)ā€¦
Happy to hear you have some use for the gear - might go a-huntinā€™ for a new Kpist soon :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Different people have different attachments as being rare or very rare.

There was a person in forums or discord, who, after countless of hours didnā€™t find any assault rifle silencers what-so-ever, not even 1* ones. So, i traded or donated one of my excessive 5* assault rifle silencers with him/her and he/she was super happy about it.

In my own game, rarest attachments (based on my gameplay hours vs how many iā€™ve found them) are:
(without any particular order, just the rarest ones)

• KVM silencer
  • shotgun scope
  • full vision mod

The rest, including 5* Red Dot, iā€™ve found more than 5, so, i canā€™t say that they are very rare.

Also, i donā€™t use full vision mod myself. To me, best (and only) is IR/OPV dual vision mod. I donā€™t like the Low Light at all.

1 Like

Pretty much the same rarity as me. About 360 hours in this game, i only have one full vision, one level 2 kvm silencer I think I trashed. And i have had better luck with the shotgun scope. Recently though i got some extra 5c attachements. so i will check and if i have any extra 5c attachments i will pos them here.

I would love to know where you found a kpist extended magazine please. I have an experimental gun with a 2 star mag!

For 5* Kpist mag, 2 spots to look at:

1. Marshlands and North Coast loot boxes (especially command bunkers)
  2. FNIX tank

thanks for that. Iā€™ll start searching.

1 Like