Automatgevär wrong terminology?

Why do you call it automatgevär 4 ingame? It should be automatkarbin 4…

I saw this when i watched Keralis youtube video… Because the right terminology is Karbin not gevär. Just wanted to ask?

1 Like

Perhaps copyright issues? Idk, but that seems to be a big problem for many game developers these days.

1 Like

I don’t think Automatkarbin is a copyrighted name.
It’s the Swedish armed forces name for the Heckler & Koch G3.
I think it might just be a small dev error :slight_smile:

There are some “errors” and mistranslations here and there. Things that probably shoudnt exist:)

They talk about it it one of the live streams. Some of the guns and other weapons aren’t the real versions, and thus don’t have their real names. It’s not a mistake or an error. It’s also why the 84mm isn’t called a Carl Gustaf.

1 Like

automatgevär 4 is a version for the homeguard and automatkarbin 4 is the military version

Snortlepig, as far as i know the Swedish militairy nomenclature for the carl gustaf is Granatgevär M/49 like in the game, it should however be the M2 version (1964) and not the newer M3 version that was introduced in 1991

1 Like

I believe it should be m/48, also the newest available model during the time would be the m/86.

I don’t think that is correct.

Can’t find any other info than Automatkarbin 4
Today the national guard uses the modern version AK4B and the army AK5 (licensed version of FN FNC)

1 Like

Sarducar, I was just going by what it’s this video:. https://youtu.be/sQZwXpAdkrI?t=1884 they refer to it as “Carl Gustaf-ish, our version of”. They also reply to someone pointing out it should be automatkarbin, but I can’t remember where in the video it is. Whole video is really good if anyone hasn’t seen it.

Snortlepig, Carl gustaf is the name of the weapon its made by the bofors company and is a recoiless gun.
Since the first introduction there have been 4 types with the M4 being the latest one. it is just that its reffered to in the swedish army as the “Granatgevär” which is actually a pretty good name for it if they do not want to use specific type names in the game. then again your first comment is making sense seeing that you are refering to the video

1 Like

No.

As a former member of the Homeguard, I can tell you that we had the same AK4 that the regular forces had.