Big problems with sound!

Platform: PC

Description: The sound in the game is very ragged and overloaded. Reinstalling / updating drivers doesn’t help. Even a clean reinstallation of Windows did not help. There are no equalizers and other similar programs on the device. Other games / programs do not have this problem.

Steps To Reproduce: This usually happens after 20-30 minutes of playing and especially during rain

Images / Videos: Generation Zero Problem Sound - YouTube

Specifications: Intel Core i5 - 8300H, RAM 16 Gb, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti

Another player had similar audio issue to yours and my suggestion to him seemed to fix it. You can try it as well:

None of this worked for me. Anyway, I tried a bunch of ways and it didn’t work. So I think this is a bug!

I have intense static when it rains, did you find a fix?

sorry, i couldn’t find another post about this but if there is, again i apologize.
so my friend is playing the game with me, literally the exact same laptop i have. However, my audio runs great and fine and the game sounds amazing…but for them, it gets massively distorted, fuzzy/scratchy, and is seemingly amplified when it rains. really big shame because the audio in this game is awesome. idk if anyone else had audio issues or if there’s a fix for this sorta thing? any help would be appreciated!

1 Like

Same issue topics merged.

//Mod

Full system specs?

Also, have you tried using another audio output device? E.g external speakers or another headset/headphones?

Full system specs?

Also, have you tried using another audio output device? E.g external speakers or another headset/headphones?