Bits of bots, and what they mean

Hey everyone, new player to the beta here. A friend of mine and I have been dawdling through the game so far and taking our time. I noticed very early on that you can shoot bits of the bots off of them, but I can only identify what that means for the result of one.

The doggobots (as we affectionately call them) can have their guns shot off, which causes them to start melee-charging you. I love this, and its a great piece of interaction from the devs.

For everything else, I’m not sure. I’ve seen something that looks like the head of a cannon shell fall off one of the doggobots, but I can’t tell what that causes. Does it limit their sensors?

And also for the big boi (our affectionate name for that big fella), HOW do you kill it? I managed to shoot the hell out of the cylinder-looking thing on its rear, causing it to spark and smoke, but everything else we tried didn’t seem to do much. I discovered “spotting” and saw we had it at “Status: 61%” which I assume is its health, but we had to retreat because we completely ran out of bullets.

Would love to learn more about this kind of thing, and I love this game so far, for as early as it is.

For the big boy (I call it Metal Gear) we were able to kill him with 5 HE rockets from the Bazooka (found in the naval port) and some assault rifle magazines while distracting the adds with a emergency flare.

Here’s a second approach I did today solo:
https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!AMWlVg9NwCyxpdM&cid=8B00C7968C64613C&id=8B00C7968C64613C!827&parId=8B00C7968C64613C!826&o=OneUp

1 Like

Take “big boi” to the farm house. It’ll take alot of ammo, alot… But I’ve taken it out twice by myself. Hide in the barn when it does it’s rocket thing and then edge to the big door and shoot at it. If you’re lucky it’ll even get stuck on the white house next to it. Then just shoot around on it until you see shots that spark. Shoot that area until it stops sparking. Then find another, and so on. Kinda pointless though. Even following the advice of some others about med packs on the hip when you try and “loot” it, but I can’t. So 1000 rounds, several med packs and nothing to show for it.