Blurred graphics on PC

Gorgeous graphics in Generation Zero without a doubt, but:
Does anyone know why objects in the distance are so blurred in this game? It’s like the things close to you and maybe up to 50 meters away are sharp, and then they get blurred out as the distance increases. The sharpness range should be longer. It’s especially noticeable by night, and most noticeable on trees. If you look at objects and machines through binoculars at 2-300 meters away, the lines on them are also very jagged.
I don’t remember it being this way in TH Call Of The Wild. Maybe a little, but not as much as in GZ I think.

Is it like this for a reason?
Is the character supposed to be nearsighted? :nerd_face:

I run with all setting on Ultra.
Would it improve with a 1440p or a 4K monitor?

(1080p 144Hz monitor.
GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB.
Intel Core i7-4770K 3,5GHz.
32GB DDR3 RAM.)

1 Like

You can upscale resolution 2x and make a screenshot, and take a look.

In my case on maxed graphic settings it looks like this:

To be honest I would really want the graphics to look exactly like in The Hunter COTW, without this amount of blur, glare, chromatic aberrations and lens dirt.

PS. Maybe blurring distant objects is a way of hiding low poly models that are necessary for creating such large map?

1 Like

Is the Hunter COTW map sensibly smaller than in GZ? Maybe some player here knowing well the graphics issues could confirm or refute the blurr could be a way of coping with some technical constraints.

rendering perfect graphics at further distances would increase the requirements of the pc ? … just a thought