Boxes and bags empty after creating 2nd character

Hi. Just want to check if anybody experienced anything like this.
I just created a second character as a loot mule.
When continuing the game with my primary character, all bags and ammo boxes I came across was completely empty. This never happened to me before. I checked about 5 bags and ammo boxes (not toolboxes which are known to be empty). So anybody ever experienced this?
I just logged in and out with both characters and it seems loot is back to normal. So I guess it was only a minor inconvenience… :wink:

1 Like

Yup, I have experienced this several times when looping through my loot mules. A lot of anomalies happens after distributing loot to different characters and then using your main character. Some times a specific class of mechs dont spawn loot, often the military class in my experience, xp gained dont pop up after a fight (but do register in stats), stealth indicator dont work or partially work, “hold to pick up” displayed constantly on screen (really annoying when in a big fight with a pack of hunters or a angry tank(s) in an open field and you cant reload). But I still use my mules even though I dont need them that much. Edit: one of the most fun bugs after looping through characters I experienced at Hermelinen bunker, it seemed to be an invicible bounce pad in every door the first time you try to enter, when entering you heard a weird noise and then I was shot back a few meters before I was allowed to enter…so much that can happen in this game, learned to enjoy it actually, especially after the latest update when I finally was allowed to finish the story.

1 Like

Thanks for clearing that up. And as I said, it was only temporary - I’m less worried now. :wink: :+1:

1 Like

No, not at all. I have three secondary characters and I go with them for fighting and looting, I meet no problems with boxes. The most important difference is they cannot get XP for missions in Solo (they can in MP). Apart from relay beacons respawning here and there.

1 Like

It only happens when my main toon drop a lot of loot and then quickly toggle between the other toons to pick up and store and go back to use my main toon. After that process odd things can happen like I described above.
No problems just switching to another toon for looting or xp gaining.

1 Like

I was about to post a new topic when I found this one. So I guess this one is sufficient as my problem is very similar. After completing the game with my first character I made a second one to go after the remaining trophies/achievements. But this second character is hardly finding any ammo at all! A lot of the loot boxes are empty and if I do manage to find ammo it is always VERY SMALL amounts, like one or two bullets. Even looting downed mechs does not give me sufficient ammo. I’ve burned through my stashed ammo in the “plundera” crates and since the second character cannot generate xp through (all the already completed) quests it is exceedingly frustrating (and difficult) to level up as combat remains as the only xp source… and there is not much combat when you’re out of ammo.

1 Like

You guys use additional characters to increase your storage space?

1 Like

Yes 1st character ’ main ’ … 2nd ’ Experimental weapons ’ … 3rd ’ normal weapons 5* ’ … 4th ’ weapon Attachments ’ … Plunderer full ’ explosives ammo more explosives more ammo , … Ps just for information purposes ’ there is a 4 hour ingame wait after looting across any character ’ so wait 4hrs or go looting else where for 4 hours , cheers :+1:

1 Like

@Argamae there is a Perk you probably have on your first character that gives more ammo when looting , your 2nd character you probably chosen different perks , cheers :+1:

Used to do that myself, now I only use plundra, but I normally don’t loot explosives like you do except for the handgrenades that is :wink:

1 Like

Aye you understand the explosives are for scientific research and that no place is out of reach :sweat_smile: except the moon

1 Like

I truly understand, used your science to reach the new promising island Himfjell…later it may be the moon but I think we need a larger inventory space :wink:

1 Like

Thats where fast travel and a buddy come in handy , just get them to watch your explosives so they stay put and fast travel to warehouses collect fly back , rinse and repeat :+1: heres another tip ’ put out a stack of explosives then crouch and slowly push into a pile , now you can put more out and repeat , now call a hunter over and say bye bye :rofl:

1 Like

In the name of science…thanks mate :+1:
Have to try this out :metal:

1 Like

Thanks, TherotcoD, but that means my character finds 2 or 3 bullets instead of 1. Honestly, it is one or two at most when I loot stuff with my 2nd character. I’m pretty sure there is something wrong with this, something that can’t be intentional.

1 Like

How many months ago did you make second character ? :+1:

Hardly one month, I guess. Very recently.

1 Like

As i thought , reload your second character and go into multiplayer and loot , joining a multiplayer game usually solves most bugs currently in game , it could be worse like me character 3 and 4 have disappeared completely along with the guns i was storing since last update oh well , if you still think second character ammo problem faulty , then use the search bar and see if any one else had or have this fault and add yours to the list , cheers :+1:

1 Like

Thanks a bunch. I will try that! :slight_smile:

1 Like