BUG: "Music Soothes the Soul" challenge doesn't count correctly

Hi

Platform:
PC

Description:
When trying to advance the challenge and meeting the challenge criteria by luring machine(s) either with radio or boombox and blowing them up by land mine, gas tank or fuel cell, the machines killed doesn’t count at all when there is(are) other machine(s) nearby who heard the explosion.

Only when there are no other machines around to hear the following explosion, the killed machines are counted towards the challenge total. This makes doing this challenge very difficult since it’s very hard to find a spot where there aren’t any other machines around.

Also, i play on Guerilla difficulty.

Edit:
After further in-depth testing, it turns out that as long as radio/ boombox is playing it’s music and at that time you blow up e.g gas tanks, then the challenge in most parts do count. While not every machine may not be counted whom you blew up, some still do.

However, if you wait until radio/ boombox finishes it’s tune, in hopes to attract as many machines to your trap as possible, the above issue comes back, where blown up machines doesn’t count if someone remains.

Steps To Reproduce:

1. Check your challenge stats and make note of the current progression
  2. Place the explosive
  3. Drop the lure
  4. Wait for some machines to run to it, while having other machines in your proximity (hearing distance)
  5. Blow up the explosives, after which you should be getting white/yellow proximity arrow
  6. Check your challenge stats and look if any progression was made

Images / Videos:

As seen from above video, i have Tier 1 completed and Tier 2 is at 0/15. Challenge progression is shown at 0:04. I placed several gas tanks and dropped the radio. After blowing up the explosives and killing at least 5 military machines exactly as challenge states, two machines weren’t within blast radius, instead further away, but still in hearing distance. Due to that, i wasn’t credited for the killed machines when i checked challenge stats again, at 2:09. Challenge still reads 0/15.

2nd video as well for conformation:

Here, i decided to blow up several FNIX and Apocalypse hunters, despite the challenge requiring to blow up Military or higher class machines. And again, i checked my challenge stats beforehand, at 0:05, showing my current progression of 2/15, placed the explosives, lure, waited for machines to arrive and blew up the explosives. I killed at least two FNIX hunters, if not more. After which i checked my challenge stats again, at 0:46, just to see that i didn’t get credited for that one either. I’m still at 2/15.

Host or Client:
Host

Players in your game:

Specifications:
CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K
MoBo: MSI Z170A Gaming M5
RAM: Kingston Savage (4 x 4GB) DDR4-3000
SSD: Samsung 960 Evo (500GB)
SSD: Crucial MX500 (1TB)
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue (1TB)
GPU: MSI GTX 1660 Ti Gaming X 6G
PSU: Seasonic PRIME 650 (80+ Titanium)

Aesyle

2 Likes

It appears as if only the host can get this challenge too.
I thought that we could cooperate for this achievement, but i (the host) was the only one getting a increased count toward this achievement, even tho my friend was laying both the boombox and most of the gas tanks and mines.
We even tested to let my friend rig the whole trap and he fired the shot to blow up the tanks (no mines left), but since i aready finished the tier one (prototypes), none of us got any points for taking out 4 proto runners.
There wasnt any other bots nearby, at least we didnt get a enemy marker after the last detonation and he used a silenced shotgun as detonator.

Your issue could be in this. With Tier 1 completed, any following proto machines blown up by this method doesn’t give you any credit and in turn, doesn’t give any credit to anyone else who are in your game, regardless their progression.

It’s easy to test out though. With you in Tier 2 now (as am i), invite your buddy back and run the same test again, but this time with military machines. If you get credit for it, ask if your buddy got credit for it as well.

I did complete tier one with my friend, who did NOT get credit for any traps we laid, the third trap was his alone(no help from me), where nobody got credit.
…my friend was still working on tier one and our traps were for prototypes.

Oh, okay.

I guess either the new challenges work like missions, where progress is counted only for the host or there are additional bugs in them.

Most of the challenges are obviously meant to be completed solo (like eagle eye), but this one really feels like a cooperative challenge, even tho you CAN do it solo. At least its more fun to build a ridickilously big trap with your friends… :slight_smile:

I can confirm this. Chaining up mines and luring multiple runners into them, only couple of first mine kills count. (seems counting stop on point when you get detected, which happens automatically, and hiding wont prevent this)

But i suspect that comm lure, radio or boombox it has limited time. And kills must happen while this timer is running. On boomboxes you notice it pretty much when music stops playing, kill are not counted anymore.

In one occurrence managed to get 6 kills in row (there was total 14-20 runners) with double boomboxes. I let the first one play, and almost at the end deployed new one. So there was no cap between the music.

THIS IS STILL AN ISSUE !, PS4 solo , so many killed and not counted. I gave up using mines as the lures works badly, very inconsistent with bots often stopping short and then wandering off, yet if you make a noise they all over you. Example, killed 1 FNIX hunter after using 3 boom boxes as lures. Nothing else comes, wait , wait use one more little radio, killed the hunter and while looting the body next thing I know 22 more hunters show up with a tank and a harvester. Seriously! Now today look at picture , see how many bodies, killed by gas tanks shot with silenced 44, lured in with radio, Do I get even 1 for the achievement??? NO NOT EVEN ONE ! VeryVeryFrustrating . Do you have a person on your team Avalanche who plays on PS4? I have to ask this because so many bugs are obvious when I play.

You can’t be spotted by any machine to get it counted. Most of the time people have been spotted without knowing it. I had that on PC as well. In the end I finished this challenge.

Ok, , then is there an explanation for , never mind I am dropping this topic, known issues and it is too frustrating. Just going to destroy machines and if it happens it happens

Did you read my guide in here? -> Guide: "Music Soothes the Soul" challenge

2 Likes

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Guide: “Music Soothes the Soul” challenge

Gonna add mine to this

Platform: PC

Description: The “Music Soothes the soul” challenge, is sometimes not counting the machines. I have done about 10 machines, and gotten about 5 more on the challenge. Also another bug in the vid, the radio is making no sound.

Steps To Reproduce:
Find machines, place explosives, take not off the progression, and then lure, and blow them up. Check progression.

Images / Videos:

Host or Client: Host

Players in your game: 1

Specifications: Ryzen 5 1400, GTX 1060 6gb, 8b no–name RAM, MSI X470 Gaming Plus motherboard, and a seagate Barracuda 1tb SSD

Someone knows if this has been fixed? Tried my best with both single and several radios and boom boxes but hasn’t scored any hits yet, despite counting up to three downed machines after the initial blasts. Managed to pull off “numbing expert” so I think I’m hidden and not spotted. Playing on Xbox if that makes any difference.

It’s iffy, but he’s it does work.

I did a video on some of the problems ones, but can confirm it is now working.

Sorry @ObligatedRug050 - I though I posted the link here.

3:30 onwards should help you out

https://youtu.be/u65x9AoAHVY

1 Like

I don´t know if it´s been fixed, and the Xbox version is the “late” version.
But one thing i can tell you, radios don´t work most of the time.
Just use boom boxes, and usually it only works with 1 or 2 machines, not more.
Also from my experience only landmines work, the other explosive options almost never work.
Good luck!

1 Like

Thanks man!
I was thinking “how am I supposed to find the vid? There is probably a no brainer way to do it that I don’t know about…”
Looks like I have my day tomorrow set out for me!

1 Like

Folks, it’s not a discussion topic. Though, this is how i got mine done, eventually:

3 Likes