BUG: Permanent Tech View after looking through Binoculars (UPDATED Alpine Unrest)

Platform:
XBOX

Steps To Reproduce:
Look through the binoculars and switch to Tech View. Now stop looking (leave the bino’s in Tech View) through the bino’s and look at the robots, it will still show them in Tech View highlighting the bot and all its components. Look through the bino’s again and switch off Tech View to return to normal viewing.

Images / Videos:
Screenshot:

Host or Client:
Host

Players in your game:
Just me

Summary:
Read Above.

This happens on PC too.

Can confirm, it happens on PC as well. I thought it was a new feature of the Engineering specialization first so I didn’t think to write about it here - but this is now apparently a bug, not a feature :wink:

I can confirm it on PC too
BUT hell this is really cool
Please devs could you make a feature out of it?
Like a skill or the seeker glasses or some high tec contact lenses.
I like that a lot.
Please please make it a feature!

1 Like

Confirmed on PC here too.

I had this issue, too, but only when zoomed in with a weapon - btw very useful on the Granatgevär… :smiley: :sunglasses:

It seemed as the effect vanished over time, at least for me. E.g. you look through the binos and after that you get that tech view with other weapons - didn’t try them all… - but after, let’s say 5 min it’s back to normal. The time span is just estimated and may be there are different reasons for the effect to reset to normal, like fast travel or maybe when you kill the target.

It also happens when not “zooming”. You just have to aim the crosshair very close to the target.

No idea if it disappears over time but it does disappear after you look through a scope with one of the vision module modes activated.

Same here. I have seen this for the past week.

This bug is also on PS4. The pieces from a couple of dead runners kept glowing blue and yellow, and I could not get it to stop by looking through the binoculors and turning off the tech view.
I need to do some more testing but I think some machines also got highlighted without using the binoculors first. When I walked through some high grass yesterday a tank got highlighted without aiming

This is so cool :smiley:

I’ve noticed that if you bring up your binoculars and select another view mode, like the normal one, the bug goes away. Does this work for you guys too?

Yep. And it also works when you switch to anything but default mode when scoped with a weapon with a vision module.

Aline Unrest Update:
UI

• Fixed an issue where the yellow outline would persist on machines after unequipping binoculars*

Platform:
XBOX

Steps To Reproduce:

EDIT: Alpine Unrest update states that this was fixed but it is still doing it on XBOX

Look through the binoculars and switch to Tech View. Now stop looking (leave the bino’s in Tech View) through the bino’s and look at the robots, it will still show them in Tech View highlighting the bot and all its components. Look through the bino’s again and switch off Tech View to return to normal viewing.

Images / Videos:
Screenshot:

Host or Client:
Host

Players in your game:
Just me

Summary:
After the Alpine Unrest update it’s stated that this issue was fixed but the bug is still present on XBOX after the update.

EDIT: OK, sorry about that @SAW , it seems that they fix for the yellow outline did not fix the issue 100%, so we’ll have to look at fixing both of these issues (the organs and the yellow outline) for a future patch.

Note: This patch only has the fix for the yellow outline, not the organs being highlighted.

We have a separate ticket for the organs remaining highlighted and the fix for it will roll out in a later patch!

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for reporting!

I kind of like this effect lingering, but sometimes, especially at night, the effect is blinding when close to an enemy. A toned down version of this that goes with the skill Enemy marking could be neat though, and bring more utility to that skill.

@SR_knivspark

[Community Report] Fixed an issue where sometimes Machine components would remain highlighted after leaving Tech View.

Platform:
XBOX

Steps To Reproduce:

Jan 2020 update states that this was fixed but it is still doing it on XBOX

Look through the binoculars and switch to Tech View. Now stop looking (leave the bino’s in Tech View) through the bino’s and look at the robots, it will still show some of its parts highlighted. (Side note: I was in Tech View when my co-op friend destroyed the shield/covers off the harvester).

Images / Videos:
Screen shot of harvesters leg covers after leaving in Tech View laying on the ground:

Host or Client:
Client

Players in your game:
Co-op with 1 friend

Summary:
After the Jan 2020 update it’s stated that this issue was fixed but the bug is still present on XBOX after the update. The leg covers/shields on harvesters still stay highlighted when blown off and on the ground. Also Tanks Fuel pack (or is it the tick pods on the back) also still remain highlighted after they are blown off the tank. I was in Tech View calling out the health while my co-op friend was shooting /destroyed the shield/covers off the harvester and same with the tank. (may also still happen with the other bots as well, untested)

Update: We successfully reproduced the issue following your repro steps and a ticket has been created to do some additional fixing of this issue. Thanks for the detailed report!

Noted! We’ll take another look at this.

Thanks for reporting, @SAW! :pray:

1 Like