Can Bunkers be Better?

Switzerland? :thinking:

Well, back to the swedish isles of Östertörn
 :wink:
@Causty : I think many of the bunkers, facilities and underground structures you will find, when you play the missions of the main game and the dlcs, come close to what you suggested. For example the great facility in the center of the mountain-region with tunnels which lead you to the harbour.

And there are many silos in all the bases, where we just don’t what they are for.

Keep on!

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, Yeah I’m a little new to this game but liking it (Brought up on STALKER and METRO so liking the lonely vibe) just done the airforce base and will look out for more bunkers/missions
 I am just going off what I have seen so far :slight_smile:

but a nice rotting rail yard like in the zone would be cool to play around in

1 Like

Switzerland :neutral_face:
Well i am not gonna say anything this time
And not to forget these are Swedish bunkers from the 80s, they didnt often have big experimental silos or an aircraft carrier hidden in a base, they where just bunker that where built to serve its purpose, and the most sci fi bunker that i think we need is just machine factories and FOA labs. And Sweden never had missile silos and we still today dont have any.
And it think östertörn is too small for a big railyard

2 Likes

Wasn’t the reason for the base on the mountain (at first of fnix, later of us resistance) that there are antennas that are strong enough to reach others outside Östertörn or, on the other hand, preventing the humen contacting others?

2 Likes

yeah we could maybe reach mainland Sweden to get help

1 Like

Sweden in the 80’s didn’t have vast amounts of marauding killer dog robots either LOL, not sure how many hill side bunker complexes you had either 

As for rail, I understand at the moment that the archipelago is to small to support a rail network but there is a vast tract of land to the top of the map just fit for expansion :smiley:

But I guess rail is getting off the bunker topic isn’t it :smiley:

1 Like

Yup, you went of the tracks by going onto the rails. :wink:

4 Likes

What do you mean by hillside bunker complexes? and what i mean is that we dont need to go too far into some crazy bunker sci fi base.

And sorry if i come off as rude, i am not good at writing in english

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: Indeed, but it is a good idea, maybe we need a to start a “Topic” about expansions.

1 Like

It has improved a lot for sure but I myself tend to still get lost sometimes. I absolutely LOVE the idea of making bunkers into dungeons with better loot in them. The bunkers can be really terrifying sometimes, especially in the dark areas and it could create tons of more content for us to do and maybe more people would continue playing because you’d have to do it with friends or people online to be able to do the dungeons. (Well, that’s what I would’ve hoped for in a GZ bunker dungeon scenario anyway.)

1 Like

I too wish the bunkers had a higher level of difficulty, maybe forcing the player to prepare before capturing one or bring friends.

But like what many in the chat had said, its easier said than done, the bunkers cant totally be altered because of the setting and many other things need to be added too fit the criteria.

Machines are limited in size (machine variety), and the lore/groundwork hasnt been set up yet for such changes too make sense.

Added The community seems too like the idea each in their own way.

:laughing:my little rant (I agree with you tho)

I definitely think that bunkers could be more interesting. Before they patched waypoint markers into the game, the bunkers were so frustrating and the rewards so underwhelming that I avoided them. I think I spent 40 hours just exploring the game world. I don’t feel like I missed out on anything, when the patch came and I revisited the bunkers, I didn’t find any items I didn’t already have a better version of and when I reached the war map, I just got my screen flooded with prompts that I had finished a bunch of quests I wasn’t even aware that I had.

Personally I’d love them to be somewhat like dungeons in Zelda games. You enter, are given puzzles and cool, well-curated enemy encounters. Then given a new tool (weapon, weapon addon, gas-mask etc) and a series of situations that players can overcome using said tools. Basically like a discrete tutorial. Then find the secret room and you’ll get a map that shows the layout as well as the locations of important items. As players progress, they find audio tapes and learn more about the story. Then finish off with a final boss-like encounter before gaining access to the command center.

Perhaps some bunkers could contain survivors? Maybe certain perks should be unlocked in the skill-tree as a reward for finishing bunkers?

Also, I’d like it if one of the bunkers could become the player’s home-base, that changes over time to reflect player progress? Maybe all of the survivors from the other bunkers will show up at the home-base as they’re rescued?

2 Likes