Can I host the game I was a guest before?

I played GZ with my good friend Mike for some time and we had the best time, really. Sadly he passed away with 35 years only one month ago. Today would have been his 36th birhtday.

He hosted our game session. I really would like to continue in our world, see the base we build together etc. I found another player and want to host this time. Can I somehow host the world as it was with my friend that hosted before (over Steam)?

Thank you for your time and ideas.

(PS: If the admins here want proof of the death of my friend, Im willing to share some documents. I don’t want anyone to believe this is a hoax, my heart is already broken enough.
I’m just really missing my friend Mike very very much and we both loved our weekly GZ sessions and I want to honor the world we “built”. I even bought some small colored bikes for his grave, since he never found any schematics and he wanted to have the green bike so much that I already had).

Unfortunately not as its bound to your save file, since he hosted its bound to his save file. You would need the save file he uses to host the same world, provided youre on Steam at least, otherwise its impossible.

You would have to get a copy of his save file and then you would become his characters in the game.

My heart goes out to you, as stated by others, unfortunately the answer would be no. However, if you have any videos or screen shots, I’d be happy to attempt to help build a recreation on your save. I have a fairly large collection of materials I’d be happy to donate to assist with the project as well. Just send me a DM and we’ll try to arrange a time and place. I’ve lost two friends due to various reasons over the years, and can appreciate the wish to have something that you put so much time and effort into. Hell, if you just need someone to talk to about some old stories, let me know. Happy to help, however I can.

1 Like

That’s very very kind of you. But I don’t want a copy, i just wanted to ask if I can take over somehow our world.
But since you offer your time…would you like to coop with me? Maybe something new comes out of all that and a reached out hand in times like these is worth the world. So thank you with all my heart.

I’m Austrian time, which is for sure important to know…

Don’t worry about it. Sorry for your loss, I hope you can manage to move on with those gaming sessions as good memories. It’s a perfectly reasonable request as well, though as the others have said the only way to play on his world would be if you got ahold of his save files.

If you’re looking for people to play with, you can also check out the Generation Zero Discord.

Welcome to the forums :slightly_smiling_face: