Can not complete the main mission The Hellmouth

Hello! Something really annoying happened today. I started playing Generation Zero again and was really enjoying all the new things. I have not really played it since himfjäll DLC came out a couple of years ago. So a lot of things where new. I started a new game from the beginning to play through it again.

I completed the main story and started to go through the Himfjäll story. I found the bergfinken FOA 4 bunker and came inside in the The Hellmouth mission.
as i was searching the living quarters for a key to the warrom, i found the key and the game directed me to “Locate the Warboard room in Bergfinken”.

I found the red door and opened it. As soon as i opened it i saw the gigantic Reaper tank standing in the shadows at the end of the room.

So i called on my 10 year old son, and asked if he wanted to come and see something terrifying. While waiting for my son, i closed the red door, so that he would have the same experience as i did when i opened it.

Something i should not have done… The door is now locked, and requires a key… I quickly went back into the living quarters, but the key is not there… since i took it before, and the game still says to locate the warroom. But the door is closed.

I guess the key was a use once kind of thing, and now i can not progress through the main mission anymore.
The room is forever locked for me in Bergfinken.

Platform:
ps4

Description:
In the main mission, the hellmouth on himmjäll island. Opening the closed door with the acquired key, works, but if you accidentally close the door again from outside, you can no longer open the door. It will say its locked and requires a key.

Steps To Reproduce:
Enter bergfinken FOA4. Head down to the living quarters and fetch the key. Head back up the stairs again and open the red door with the key. do not walk into the room, stay outside and close the red door. Now the red door is closed forever with no way to complete the mission.

Images / Videos:
None

Host or Client:
Normal ps4. updated game with DLC himmjäll

Players in your game:
Single player

Specifications:
Normal ps4

Thanks for the detailed report. I’m on PC but I’d like to know if this can be reproduced across other platforms as well. It’s worth finding out.

Have you tried going back there with another character, see if that changes anything? :thinking:

Or if you join someone elses game?
Join multiplayer, go directly there, check if it’s open / try to open it, leave the game afterwards and go into your game.

1 Like

I am also on ps4. I ran all the way to the bottom of the stairs to try and turn on the power but there’s gas the whole way down and the whole time there’s this fire alarm warning siren blaring. The war room was also filled with gas and the war board was red. I always have a hard time finding things with the gas mask on so I didn’t see any key there. I only came inside because because there’s an Apoco Harvester at the gate and I haven’t completed the Scout tree Off the Grid challenge. I was doing Scout tree Anarchy challenge and I knew there was a cave full of ticks at Bergsfrugrottan East. Haven’t had much luck with the Himfjall tree except for Weapon of Mass Destruction. World Tour is stuck at 4/10 and The Good Fight may have the same bug as The Ringfort where you can’t progress if you have the Invite Only setting turned on in multi-player. My main problem with co-op play is that other players can complete missions and I don’t recall having completed The Hellmouth even though I collected the remaining items

Hi, If you can run down towards the gas level, then you must have opened the door. There is no key, but there is a keycard, which you obtain from the Apocalypse Class Tank that was guarding the entrance of the “Bergfinken” bunker.

OP @wooflock had opened the door with the keycard, but before finishing the mission, he closed the door. But when he came back the door didn’t open anymore.

Yes its seems like it solved itself by just exiting the game and restarting it.
After walking over to Bergfinken and the red door after restarting the generation Zero game (i closed the application and tried again today) the door was again unlocked.
So i managed to complete the mission after all.

2 Likes

Glad to hear it was only a temporary hickup. Hopefully this is something that can be looked at in the future. We’ll leave this report open so others can see the solution as well :slightly_smiling_face: