Can’t “stand” under trees

PS4
“New game” fresh install latest patch

Unsure if this is intended, if you’re “crouched” and walk under a small sapling. You’re unable to stand and must walk away from the object to return to normal stance.

Edit:

1. Appears to happen when you enter a bush cover object in a stance.
    If you are standing in the object then crouch you can stand up, crouch, no problem.

Before I knew you had to be crouched before entering a cover object to be un able to stand. If you noticed I entered the pines while standing.
It only happens when you enter from a crouch position.

The pine full size is affected (can’t stand) the one that’s about 13 feet tall and the small sapling pine tree.

Small bushes in starting zone, same thing.

Only some trees. I’ll be uploading what types over the next hour. Devs probably know. So I may be wasting my time…

Yes I have no ammunition. It’s rough.

Anyone else, other platforms?

2 Likes

Thanks for the post :slight_smile: You definitely aren’t wasting your time, we appreciate everyone who takes the time to help the devs improve the game! I haven’t seen this bug posted before so it is good information.

1 Like

I’ve noticed this also on PC.

1 Like

Same on Xbox. Noticed it since I started playing a month or so ago.

I have been encountering this too though for both types of stances. For any type of cover whether that be tree, bush, or shrubs, I cannot stand when crouching or crouch when standing. I have to leave the cover completely to press the appropriate keys in order to change stance. This had more than once ruined my stealth either ambushing roaming machines or trying to hide from them.

I assumed this was not a bug and that it represented branches that a person wouldn’t stand up into.

That is understandable, but from a gameplay perspective I think it would be better that it was not present. Since the player can easily move through the exact same shrubbery standing or crouching there should not be a system that prevents the player from standing. When entering combat, doing so stealthily is very useful. Likewise, getting out of dodge quickly could mean life or death in a lot of situations and when you are restricted to stand because you are crouched in a shrub it gets more than a little frustrating. It is a very minor feature that I do not see how it meaningfully effects the core gameplay beside annoying the player and drawing away from the fun aspects of combat and stealth.

But… this has been fixed in the November patch :roll_eyes:

I just got back into the game so I am unaware of any fix as of yet. I was just replying from a notification. If this is fixed then lovely.