Can you recommend a really good Solo Rifle Build?

Can you please either suggest, or point me to a really good solo build? I’m playing on easy, and would rather not have to rely on stealth or having to scope out most targets in most areas of the game in the game if there’s a viable way to do so(although feel free to recommend whatever you think makes the game easier). I also think that focusing on rifles(like maybe mostly Semi-Automatic, and Assault Rifles, while being a sniper every once in a while.) would be fun, but it’s not something I’m dead set on, so again, feel free to recommend whatever.

Oh, and btw, been watching Nikitine on twitch and she’s said that she hasn’t had to base build so far. Will I actually have to base build to survive later?

Are you sure you’re willing to skip the entire decision making process which makes a large part of the survival feeling the game is trying to give you, by finding out yourself. :wink:

But here @Lucid posted his view on some character builds. Maybe that helps.

Base building is part of the side-mission ‘Our New Home’, which you do not need to survive. But when build the base you can defend it against wave attacks, which earns you exp ammo schematics, there are 22 exp ammo + 2 exp medkits to get. Some of those ammo schematics can be useful to have.

1 Like

My go to build is speed and damage reduction.
It have almost zero utility and not focused on guns.
Basically Vanguard with all skills into damage reduction (with one skill point to skipping skills), maxed health and heal, maxed sprint and stamina. Other skills are swap and reload speed; throwing distance maxed and accuracy.
P. S. When I get to my pc, I’ll post full build.
Edit: Essentials are all damage reduction, sprint speed, steady feet, health and heal amount. For combat assist - aim and reload speed, maxed throwing distance and point for accuracy. Leftover SP is up to you. You may squeeze points for Last Man Standing, but that skill is insurrance and too much bother to spend points for less practical skills IMO.

I don’t know why but I really like the skills that give more base HP and gives more HP per medkit. Other skills I like are the ones that give you more ammo and reduces recoil, not to forget the weapons sway reduction.

Hmm, the tank build seems promising, but are you sure it’s good for going solo?

edit: Actualy, what I saying? I’m big on ranged DPS and speed, while hopefully having at least decent defense. I really would like to be able focus on semi-automatic and assault rifles if there’s a viable way to be do so solo.

Well I kinda wanna use guns. What exactly do you fight with if you don’t use guns or melee weapons?

I do use guns and cycle all of them, depending on what hoarded ammo currently in stock. Melee included too, because there’s times when pistol ammo is to few for even carrying as emergency sidearm.

“not focused” meant that gun skills wasn’t in the priority. Without skills that upgrade gun stats you still can use them. This build is more about staying alive, than firepower. You wrote that you play “easy” and machines are brittle in that difficulty, so guns’ damage ain’t that relevant.

Alright, thanks, yeah, maybe I’ll go with your build then, thanks!

Hi @EchoBaz (and others) :blush:

I have a build for you.

This is perhaps the most allround Marksman build I can think of.

It focuses on combat efficiency and survivability, not stealth.
It also has many skills needed for enhanced gameplay.

Combat, left:
1 p. Aim Speed
1 p. Hip Shot Accuracy
2 p. Weapon Recoil
1 p. Weapon Sway
1 p. Make ‘Em Count
1 p. Marksman

Notes

Weapon Recoil and reaching Marksman is important here. Many like Make ‘Em Count, but not me, and not for this build.

Combat, right:
2 p. Reload Speed
1 p. Run And Gun
2 p. Armor

Notes

Reload Speed is one of the most important skills in the game, so don’t miss it. 2 p. in Armor helps you against most attacks.

Survival, left:
1 p. Stamina Amount
2 p. Running Speed
2 p. Carry Capacity
1 p. Steady Feet

Notes

Agruably GZ’s most important branch of the skill tree. Maxing out speed, carry cap, and steady feet is mandatory, to put it lightly.

Survival, right:
1 p. Stamina Recharge
3 p. Health Amount

Notes

3 p. in Health Amount is a no-brainer for any combat build.

Tech, left:
1 p. Spotting Intel
1 p. Inquisitive Mind
2 p. Component Damage

Notes

Some players like the Spotting Intel, and Component Damage helps a lot for killing machines quicker.

Tech, right:
1 p. Chemist
1 p. Lockpicking
2 p. Salvage

Notes

A point in Lockpicking is mandatory for at least one of your characters, as you should unlock all storage depots. 2 p. in Salvage is also a no-brainer for combat builds, as you’ll find a heck of a lot more ammo.

Optional: Move 1 p. from Armor to Stamina Amount if you feel like that’s more important.