Cannot finish Wrench in the Works (fix announced for February update)

A friend and I have found a way to reverse the mission progress and stop the explosions from happening, all you need to do is change a single byte in your savegame file with a hex editor, is it okay with the mods if I post the instructions?

1 Like

You should at least write, for whom it works.
PC Steam, Steamdeck, PC Xbox Gamepass, XBox 1 and/or Series, Playstation 4 and/or 5,ā€¦

We have the game on Steam, so Iā€™m not sure if itā€™d work on other platforms, but if the game is saved in the same format on those platforms then it should work.

Edit: It also works in reverse too, so if you want to mark the mission as completed instead of reversing progress, you can do that.

Could it be really as easy?
Why shouldnā€™t they add a function to the game to reset each single mission, if itā€™s just a simple value in the safegame file?

No, thatā€™s against the EULA Iā€™m afraid.

1 Like

If that indeed is a solution, or workaround to reset or repair a broken mission within a safegame file, shouldnā€™t this be considered to be offered as a service from the support or a feature of the game?

There could be a formular to select the bugged mission, describe the issue (and in which world it occurs) and attach the file for resetting the mission.
The support then could change the value(s) and send the file back.

That would be a solution which would take some ressources, of course, but itā€™s save.

The other option would be the integration of a switch for each mission to reset it.

And by chance the progress on xbox x 4Ä·. your game will also crash during this time.

mission: plans thwarted
console: xbox one

in the mission disrupted plans, it generated lag, leaving the mission frozen and the explosions, however I can no longer finish the mission, before the mission with lag, my screen froze, and now I canā€™t do more missions until to finish that one, but I canā€™t finish the mission, because it wonā€™t let me anymore. help

Another month of this. Merged to main thread.

//Mod

Same problem, but I found everything.

Most people found everything, but the last step ā€¦

You gotta be kidding? Whatcha gonna do, ban his forum account for providing some helpful knowledge that hurts nobody?

Devs should send him a gift or hire him. At least let that man speak!

Seriouslyā€¦
Grey

I doubt that would be necessary. But here on the forums, violating the EULA is not the way to do it.
Like it or not, but we are bound by those regulations here.

1 Like

What part of EULA would posting how to fix the broken savegame violate?

1 Like

Section 18 of the EULA, under Prohibited Use;

Use of your own or third-party software to modify any content appearing within the Game, its environment or change how the Game is played or services used;

Use of your own or third-party software, the Game or any information accessible through the System, to bypass or modify any System login architecture or create or provide any other means through which any System may be accessed and/or the Game may be used by others in ways other than those intended by Systemic Reaction;

Not sure what else needs to be said.

1 Like

I understand you may be in a difficult position. Thank you for trying to do the right thing.

Please be aware that he didnā€™t ask if itā€™s okay for a player to bypass system login architecture or to change how the game services are used.

In this forum itā€™s not okay to try to describe how to restore a backed up version of a broken local savegame file? Because modifying content within the game environment is prohibited by the gameā€™s end user licence agreement?

This seems to be more about the official forumā€™s mod policies / acceptable topics instead of the words or spirit of the gameā€™s EULA. If here isnā€™t a place for such constructive interaction, I hope our potential community hero quickly finds a less restricted website or messaging feature to share his information with other members of the ā€œswedish resistanceā€.

A completely gamebreaking bug persists for months in a PvE game we paid for. There are constant explosion sounds going off about every 3 seconds. If thatā€™s ā€œintended by Systemic Reactionā€ or really persists for another month until end of february, then ā€“ for me personally ā€“ the invaders won and Generation Zero was really fun but is dead. Before I encountered the reaper or visited the island unlocked by the purchased DLC.

Modifying game files is against almost every games EULA. Breaking the EULA is illegal and could be, if technically realized, a reason to prevent you from using the games.

Thatā€™s it. Laws and rulesā€¦
And itā€™s absolutely legit that itā€™s forbidden to write about illegal whatsoever.

Of course many here understand you and many more would be thankful for a working solution.
But I just can repeat myselfā€¦ Have patience and wait for an update in febuaryā€¦ And in the meantime you could send your solution/idea directly to the devs/support.

And in game, play a new world and do other missions until the fix is thereā€¦ Thatā€™s my opinion.

1 Like

@Madchaser pretty much nails it.

Letā€™s drop this subject now, itā€™s not the point of this report thread and itā€™s cluttering it up.

1 Like

same problem here, system ps5, got everything - explosions triggered, but no endā€¦ love this game, the explosions really kill the atmo - maybe the devs can but a timer at the end and after 5 min of explosions the end triggers (or just kill the sound)!!!

@Zesiir
What about changing the title of the topic?
You could add something like ā€œfix announced for febuary updateā€.

If one wants to report this bug, doesnā€™t open a new topic, but finds this one, he/she could immediatly see, that a fix is on its way.

2 Likes