Cannot finish Wrench in the Works (fix announced for February update)

:frowning: ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Hello everyone, I have the same Problem.
Ran Into it as of the 12.01.2022

I found all 6 collectibles for the Mission .
-After activating the PC got Mission Tracker updated to “Escape from the RÖ Factory” which actually leads into nowhere, took the way out to the left, through the big green door, even walked up to nearby Klinte City by feet, nothing.

• Took the way out, where I came from (entrance) , nothing.
  • Teleported to another district after restart from inside the factory, nothing…

Constant explosion sounds everywhere I go, even after restarting the game.

Is there any known way to fix this actually, or is the Game just plain broken at this Point, as I have no other Main Missions left to do in my Log besides DLC relateds… :thinking:… And a Archivement is tied to this as well…

[Base Game & all dlc’s except Phoenix rising, Playing on Steam version PC]

1 Like

No. It’s up to the devs. We’ll have to wait for an update with a hotfix for this issue.

In the meantime you can just start a new world to avoid the constant explosions. You could do this to level up your character without doing missions and after a fix switch to your original world. As example.

Didn’t watch it yet, but as the title says, there could be a way to fix it:

The “fix” is to start a new world - there is nothing else… :grimacing:

1 Like

Hello,

I was just wondering if there is a schedule, fix for this issue “cannot finish Wrench”
After completing all tasks and escaping nothing happens. The mission does not end and I keep hearing explosions. Even after restarting the game, this issue still exists.

I have put more than 100+ hours in the game and do not want to start a new game (even not sure this will fix the issue)

If you need information or anything else, don’t hesitate to let me know.

Platform: PC.

1 Like

This is terrible, Making a Quest that will not complete when everything is Done … and … it is telling you to escape the area and I have gone more than a 1/2 mile away.
Come on now … Please Fix the Quest to Complete.

This is on PC

ALSO: The Sound Looping of the explosions inside the bunker is just terrible on the ears and it carries all thru-out the Game areas. But with over 100 hours and almost all missions completed, But that one … I do not plan to restart at this time.

1 Like

It worked very well, when I did it long time ago…

There’s always a risk at these kind of games that evolve… Every update that adds or changes content may bring new issues and affect things that worked for years…

1 Like

I revisited this mission last night and tried exiting other ways I hadn’t before and explored all inside the underground area. All the while the explosions were rocking and the camera was shaking. Nothing I did could complete the quest. So I left the area and the explosions persisted as usual.

This morning the explosions seemed to have stopped! I don’t hear them off in the distance like I was used to!
Maybe they ninja patched it…

EDIT…
well crap, I spawned in underground but when I surfaced the explosions are back…
Oh Well, please fix. kk thx

It’s not a fix. It’s basically start over a new game and don’t do the quest :confused:

Yes, in the meantime I watched it, too.
It’s almost the same I already suggested.
But @tene is right.

Of course, you have to unlock the command bunkers first (by this you see the new intro missions and npc, if you started your game a while ago), but then you’re free to do the missions in another order and don’t do this one.

I totally agree with you! I had this quest on January 10 and it ruins the game in a large way. Why should it take 2 months to fix? Unbelievably terrible to leave so many players in the lurch like this. Developers need to get their act together fast!!

1 Like

A broken leg may take more time to being fixed… Especially if the doctor is on holiday inbetween.

And even a medicine against the pain may make you sick.

Yes, that’s not satisfying. Just be patient.
As long as we get content updates and improvements there always is a risk for old code becoming broken. Or maybe it always was, but we didn’t see it because it worked in our eyes. You never know.

Dear community, I’ve read all replies so I keep it short: same issue here on PS4. I have all collectibles for that mission, escaped the bunker in every way, returned, killed every machine and visited all places around. The mission still not finishes and I hear those explosions all the time.

Really hoping for a fix asap. Starting all over would be unsatisfying the way I played the game. I tried to explore and do as much as possible along the main- and sidequests. So this world is my personal intense playthrough that I’ like to finnish.

And here it is January 17th yet all these GZ gamers, including myself, still are waiting for the developers to fix the issue. What the hell is taking them so damn long!?!? I have to say that this issue should have been hot fixed back in December!!

1 Like

Vice versa.

1. There is in general just one update per month.
  2. We don’t know how long the holiday for the devs is.
  3. With good playtesting, the update shouldn’t have been released in december, short before the holidays.

But…

1. You cannot test the whole story based open world game with each update.
  2. If bugs would always be as easy to find and fix within a few weeks or even days, the game wouldn’t have any bugs.
  3. If the whole team would spend its time to find and fix all the issues, we wouldn’t have any content updates.

Am I the only one with the necessary patience?

4 Likes

Hey guys 'n gals.

I’ve been informed, that the next patch will include a fix for the issue of being blocked from progressing the mission. Hopefully this will sort it out for you guys and prevent the bug from popping up again. The devs are starting to come back from the holidays and are quite busy smashing bugs and uh, developing. So, fingers crossed.

Keep an eye out for the patch notes when the update arrives; and IF the issue is still occurring post patch please flag it in this topic.

Cheers :+1:

3 Likes

When is the update expected?

I don’t know for certain. But the usual schedule for releasing updates seems to be towards the end of the month. So that’s my best guess. It’s been said the update will come in February.

cool, the explosions almost drove me crazy.