Cannot finish Wrench in the Works (fix announced for February update)

Also experiencing the bug. (PC, Windows 11, Ryzen2700 / RTX3060Ti, BuildID 9960929, both story DLC installed (FNIX Rising/Alpine Unrest) Got all five mission items before clicking on the final quest PC. Two questions:

• is there an ETA on a patch for this issue?
  • is there any diagnostic or log data, including our save files, that we affected folks might be able to attach that would expedite isolating and squashing this bug?

Try this:

https://support.generationzero.com/hc/en-us/sections/4408731434002-Technical

There is one link for submitting diagnostic files and your safe file.

As far as I know there is no estimated date for a fix yet, but maybe weā€™ll get one with the next update. Someone said itā€™ll be in febuary, because of holiday.

1 Like

This must be a priority to fix this issue. So many complains and the sound of exploding factory is all over the map and you can not escape it. Please do an effort to solve this problem ASAP!!!

3 Likes

Iā€™ve given up playing (and buying some more of the DLC) because of this bug. Itā€™s a shame, I really enjoyed the new content, but the constant noise makes it unpleasant to play.

You could start a new world in the meantimeā€¦

1 Like

Youā€™re completely right, but itā€™s not going to take me 2 months to get to where I need to do Wrench in the Works again. Iā€™ll play something else in the meantime, and if I come back to Generation Zero, itā€™ll be without the frustration and bad feelings I have now.

Of courseā€¦ But if you didnā€™t experience the new intro missions, now would be the time for that. And if itā€™s fixed, you could just select your old world again and keep onā€¦

Remember, with a new world you can still use your old characters and plundra. Just the map and the missions are reset.

Same Problem here, i hope theyā€™ll add a Hotfix soon :frowning:

1 Like

This is my first post so Iā€™m not sure if the game developers will see this as I know the Wrench in the Works bug is already acknowledged but itā€™s also happening on the Xbox Series S/X. I know Iā€™m probably going over old ground but I just thought Iā€™d throw it on here. Itā€™s driving me bonkers as itā€™s the only mission I canā€™t complete and Iā€™ve done the DLC as well :joy:.

1 Like

Itā€™s acknowleged for every platform.
Good to see you posting here instead of making yet another topic. :+1:

This does not bode well that theyā€™ve let a game-breaking issue perpetuate for so long. You canā€™t play unless you want to start from scratch? I just finally got my first gold weapons solo on gorilla difficulty. I do understand that developers must grow busy and become bogged down with the mentions of every minor issue imaginableā€”but for a bug to destroy oneā€™s late-level game save file should take immediate priority. Iā€™ve been a big fan of the game, and I love the scenario theyā€™ve created, but this bug is losing me. If youā€™re anything like me, for the game to be unplayable for possibly months on end likely means Iā€™ll never pick it up again.

1 Like

Great, so this just happened to me, and now my game is ruined. Awesomeā€¦

Yes. Your entire game is ruined. Perhaps 100 hours, perhaps less, perhaps more. But donā€™t despair, you had fun reaching the point of absolute remorse. Does the context of the end change the context of the journey? We will all likely die frivolous deaths, so it is in the journey that we must find meaning.

Keep calm, lean back, start a new world with your existing character in the meantime and wait for the fix. I really hope they can fix it afterwards for those who already ā€œran into the trapā€.

With the utmost respect Madchaser, to keep punishing myself by replaying stuff Iā€™ve already played 3 or 4 times, only to run into the bug again, is a recipe to destroy my love and admiration for this game.

I started playing again because I was excited by the new content. Because I have enjoyed the game so much, when I do start playing again, I buy the DLCs to support the people who make it. I understand that their first priority has been to fix the problems with game crashes. I applaud that they took the time to fix that issue, an issue that mostly affected players with older and less powerful hardware.

That being said, the Wrench in the Works bug is a serious issue. If it is going to be two months before there is a fix, thatā€™s fine, Iā€™ll wait, but Iā€™m not going to compound the frustration by starting a new game in the meantime, just to run into the bug again, and repeat this process over and over until it finally gets fixed. I get that you love the game. I also love the game. This bug changes playing the game from something that gives me enjoyment into something that feels like a waste of time. Knowing there is a fixed point beyond which the game is unplayable takes the fun out of it.

2 Likes

Ok, what I wanted to say was, play it in a new world to continue leveling your character, maybe find weapons you didnā€™t find yet and do everything which doesnā€™t lead you into this bugged mission. Do all the other missions first. Or do base assaults. Or just farm machines.
Spend your time in a way that is less frustrating.

And there is one more possible positive effect:
If the bug is fixed, but just in a way that players, who havenā€™t done the mission recently (just for new attempts), then your progress is as far that you donā€™t have to make yet another run for it.

Itā€™s the only thing I currently can advise,except playing a completly different game. And I didnā€™t know that you played the game as often. :+1:

My game is broke too. Constant loud explosions every 5 seconds and I canā€™t complete the mission. Hopefully my world isnā€™t null and void or else Iā€™m done with this game. I own all the DLC and a huge supporter of this game but pretty disappointed at this point. Tried starting a new game but Iā€™ve always had a hard time
Replaying contentā€¦ especially when Iā€™m 30 hours into my original world.

The explosions annoy me, too. But to say the game is unplayable is an exaggeration. I finished main missions from Alpine Unrest with this ā€œsoundtrackā€ and Iā€™m moving onā€¦

1 Like

I can totally understand.
I donā€™t like to replay content, too.
Especially if I already spend much time and already got everything.

But I still tried. Not because of this bug, but because my discovered safehouses keep disappearing every day, since Landfall-Update.

The difference is: I just played GZ about 1000 hours.

1 Like

Same problem hereā€¦ Wrench in the Works donā€™t finish