Cant loot enemies

Hi on XBOX one X here,
For the past week I have been experiencing a frustrating issue.

I am unable to loot enemies, hold x as usual and keeps kicking out of the loot box.

This seems to be happening after a battle with a Tank or Harvester.

My brother is in my game and he can loot just fine.

So frustrating.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @nagcra80 :wave:

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this, I have added this issue to our internal bug tracking database.

Could you possibly provide some more information on the issue to help us reproduce and handle the issue? We have (so far) been unable to reproduce this and if you could answer as many of the questions below we’d have more information to go on!

1. Does this occur for you 100% of the time? If not, about how often would you say it happens? (roughly estimated, for example, 1 out of 10, 50%, etc)
  2. Does it occur with ALL machines or only with Tank or Harvesters?
  3. Does it occur in single player AND multiplayer?
  4. Does it occur for the host AND client?
  5. When you try to loot the machine do you briefly see the “loot window” and that it almost instantly closes before you have time to get the loot?
  6. Did you experience this issue before the June patch release?

Sorry for the inconvenience, hopefully we can get this sorted in a future patch, thank you for your time and patience, and thanks for reporting! :pray:

1.Does this occur for you 100% of the time? If not, about how often would you say it happens? (roughly estimated, for example, 1 out of 10, 50%, etc)
Every time after a battle with a Harvester or Tank.
2.Does it occur with ALL machines or only with Tank or Harvesters?
Once this triggers I cant loot any enemies or containers.
3.Does it occur in single player AND multiplayer?
Not tried in single player but every time in multiplayer (2 players).
4.Does it occur for the host AND client?
Just the host, my brother always joins my world and he has not encountered this issue so far.
5.When you try to loot the machine do you briefly see the “loot window” and that it almost instantly closes before you have time to get the loot?
Yes the loot window pops up and pops out and back in and out, can see the loot briefly but cant select anything the same with loot containers after a battle with Harvester or Tank.
6.Did you experience this issue before the June patch release?
It started happening about a week before the June patch.

I hope this helps. We love the work you guys put in and know your team are passionate about fixing the game, I appreciatre these things take time but the improvements are definatley noticeable and appreciated and I have played form day 1.

Keep up the good work and thanks for helping me :):smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for the responses, @nagcra80, much appreciated! :pray:
I have added this information to the bug report.

We have not been able to reproduce this issue in-house yet, investigation is still on-going. IF you have time to try out some potential, theoretical workarounds, please take a look at these things mentioned below:

• Workaround test 1 - Does it stop occurring If you exit to main menu and create a new session?
    Can machines and lootboxes then be looted until it occurs again? (When killing and trying to loot a Tank/Harvester)

• Workaround test 2 - Does it stop occurring If you uninstall then re-install the game?
    Make sure to only delete the game and not your save file.

• Workaround test 3 - If you create a new character, does it occur for that character as well?

• Workaround test 4 - Does it occur if you delete your save and create a new save? Try this last of all the potential workarounds, and ONLY if you have tried the other workaround AND you are willing to start over from scratch with a new character. I totally understand if you aren’t eager to have to do that.

Please let me know if any of these workarounds work for you, thanks for your help!

1 Like

On Ps4 Pro it sometimes happens after an intense firefight with lots of enemies. Happened twice for me AT the airfield. So that’s a good place to try out. Host and 2 players on both occasions. One time it Happened to one client and after a while it was the same for host. Second time only host. Fast travel didn’t help.

2 Likes

Hi thanks for the reply and assistance.
It happened again last night.

I have deleted save game and all characters and local saves in xbox. I am trying a new character in new world later tonight.

Will report back after

1 Like

This has happened to me on 3 separate occasions. It just happened twice during last gaming session in a friends server. same problems as the first person who responded. i was able to get it to stop and like fix itself by holding the square button and hitting X at the last second (PS4). please fix as it is a huge annoyance not being able to gather ammo, which in turn is what we need to play this game (not that you didnt already know this). sorry for the rant but I really like this game and yeah, well you know…

1 Like

This gets acknowledged but my issue that prevents me from playing the game isn’t?..

Hi Isaac,

Sorry to hear that you are unable to launch the game.

I’ll have a look at your issue now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey @nagcra80,

How did it go with the fresh save? does it still occur?

1 Like

This has happened to me too mostly during big battles which is a pain cause you tend to use a lot of ammo Leaving a game and starting a new helps but it’s a pain only seems to happen on multiplayer