Character 3 appearence overwrote character 2

Platform: PC

Description: I loaded into the game and clicked character 3, which was female with all black exp clothing. However, it loaded into my 2nd character and overwrote the appearance. My 2nd chracter was male and is now female. The clothing was also the same but I started changing it before noticing I was on the wrong character.

Not completely game breaking, but if I want it back I will have to level it all the way to 31.

Steps To Reproduce: I just clicked character 3 and and it loaded into character 2 and did what I desribed above

I copied the save file directly after if that is needed.

Images / Videos:

Host or Client: Host

Players in your game: 1

Specifications: Ryzen 5 1400, TZ 1060 6gb, 8gb 2400mhz RAM, 1tb Seagate SSD.

1 Like

So, this extremely rare bug is still in the game? :thinking:

I don’t have any solid data to add to it, other than it has happened with me as well, back in May '19.

Here’s what happened with me (i’ll do my best to recall it):

My 1st char that i created is Female with character model E.

Screenshot:

2nd char that i created is Female as well, but with different character model. (I can’t recall which model exactly.)

Screenshot:

At some point in the game, around mid-May '19, there was some MP error or something and i was kicked to the main menu, while i was using my 1st char. From char selection menu, i picked my 2nd char to continue playing in my solo game.
Once in the game, my 2nd char model was overwritten with my 1st char model, including apparel (which i can easily switch back) and char model. I can’t change the char model and with this, my 2nd char has the same char model E, as my 1st char has it.

Screenshot:

It’s a bit hard to tell from screens but my 2nd char does have different char model (different facial features/head shape).
At first, i was bummed out of this overwrite. Now, i’ve come to terms with it and i actually like the Female char model E the most. All 4 of my girls have the same char model now. :slight_smile:

All-in-all, this is very rare bug and my guess is, that reproducing it is nigh-impossible, hence why it is still in the game, 2+ years later.

I described this issue in details here:

This is terrible, being literally on the cusp of level 31 to over rite it is appalling. I mean I did notice the emote wheel defaults back, but on the scale of things it’s nothing.

The shape of things to come it would seem.

this happened to me too a couple of months back on my main character. Did not report it cus I do not really care for how my character looks like. But it has happened to me.

I had this as well. Character 1 appearance over wrote Character 4’s appearance. I had to do a restore a backup save game to fix the problem.

Got clean occurrence of this bug sometime ago. I have save files before and after it has happened. And i haven’t played the game between those save files.

Just recently happened to me as well. Had a male as character 1. Female as character 2. Maxed character one with stealth but wanted a different playstyle. Leveled character 2 to level 31 and had a completely different skill set compared to 1. All of the sudden, character 2 is now a male, Identical to character 1 but with the new skill set. Certainly not a show stopper but she was pretty awesome and I was hoping to get her back. The suggestion above will only overwrite character 2 with another character. Not sure if a solution has yet been found to get the original back yet.

1 Like

Create a new character with the aperance of the lost one and do as I described here:

1 Like