Could these work as some possible new weapons for this era?

Just sitting here playing some older WW2 games and it had me thinking, After I seen the Russian Weapon pack that brought in the Mosin-Nagant and Makarov Pistol it had me wondering, Could we ever have the possible introduction to more WW2 Era weapons?. Hear me out first these are some weapons I would Love to see in Generation Zero as part of new DLC weapon packs. Soviet Weapons pack 2: PTRS 41 have it balanced with Hard Hitting with high penning rounds but make it where you have really bad stability due to how heavy the gun is, Some attachments like a Tripod for mounting the gun would be a great way to eliminate the sway at the cost of mobility. German weapons I.E MG42 or MG34 just cause I want to see some Buzzsaw action within GenZero if im fighting a reaper, Though for all what I really would love to have is mainly a M1 Garand just to have those satisfying ping sounds and possibly a BAR or Thompson SMG to go with it, Though if anyone else has any idea I would be happy to read your ideas and how they could be balanced within the game!

True Bro, Its Nice you’r Idea!

Good god, the PTRS… Now there’s a WWII weapon that would be pretty suitable to try and fight these machines with, though it’d be a wonder how the heck it got in theater… The Soviets probably would have brought something more current with them, instead. Not dealing with second-line troops using old weapons, but rather crack troops with current gear. Still, 14.5x114mm would pack a suitable punch, and four rounds on tap ought to wear out machines up to medium size pretty quick… Yeah, the PTRS wouldn’t be a bad choice to toss in.

Devs could take it easy, make it use .50 BMG instead of introducing the right ammo for it. It isn’t unheard of for the Russians or others to produce weapons that can be converted, swap some parts to go from using one spec of ammo to using another spec, like from 14.5mm to 12.7mm, or from one 12.7mm (Russian, x109?) to 12.7mm US/NATO (.50 BMG, 12.7x99mm)… South Africans have rifles with conversions from 20mm, 14.5mm, and both common 12.7mm specs, etc, I think. So, not inconceivable that they’d take an old gun, update it, press it into service as an anti-machine weapon.

As much as I love the Tommygun, the BAR, etc, I’m afraid they likely wouldn’t be considered timely enough. The MG42, or rather the MG3 instead, would be more acceptable—but it would also be adding another 7.62(x51mm) MG to the game, competing with the N60 and KVM59… Somebody somewhere else mentioned the Russian DP28, the ‘dish pan’ MG…which would also be a 7.62(x54R), again competing with the PM71 and company… Archaic, but potentially effective, probably quicker to reload than any of the belt-feds. The DP28 shouldn’t be likely to see, though it would fit well alongside the PTRS.

Probably more likely to have some other company make a similar game set in/right after WWII. A slightly less fantasy-oriented Wolfenstein…

Sweden used a modification of the BAR added a pistol grip among other things, and Sweden also used Thompson’s in small numbers by the end of ww2. Sweden also used the MG 35/36 under the name Kg m/40