Could You Kill Every Enemy Spawned On Map?

Could You Kill Every Enemy Spawned On Map?

If you didn’t quit out of your game?

Or would they start respawning as you were off killing other enemies?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

If you leave a region machines spawn in the region you entered. For example if i went from farmland to himfall the machines in farmland would respawn over time so it is impossible. Plus it would be super hard to kill every machine in 1 region let alone the the entire map.

1 Like

I’d say: Yes.

Long answer:
When you Continue the game, game generates new machine spawn seed and populates the entire map with finite amount of machines. Some of those machines are at fixed spawn locations while rest are placed on the predefined patrol routes.

Also, game keeps track of all machines in your game. This neat feature enables for you do damage e.g proto tank down to 78% HP, without killing it and the next time you enter the game, the same proto tank with 78% HP is in your game as well. Though, it may not be on the same spot you met it but it is near it or the very least in the same region.

While you can clear out one area of all nearby machines, it’s just matter of time before new machines enter that cleared out area. This may give the feeling that machines are spawned in but reality is that machine patrol routes are very long and it takes quite a bit of time before machine reaches certain spot.

I’m not sure if Fast Travel would spawn in more machines. Though, to avoid that possibility, one shouldn’t Fast Travel during the clean up.

So, theoretically, it is possible to clear out entire map but in practice, it takes way too much time, effort and patience to do all that. Not to mention game stability.

2 Likes

Thank you as always for the detailed and knowledgeable reply.

Could you expand on the game stability thing a bit?

@Aesyle

EDIT: also, are you saying that machines HP NEVER refills, even with an exit to menu - continue?

1 Like

That is a big thing about the game, machines stay damaged minutes days weeks after you last fought them

1 Like

I knew they stayed damaged, but thought Only for the session. Thought they got Restored after an exit / continue. Mind blown!

@Admiralgamer

1 Like

By that i mean game crashing on you. Since when game crashes, your efforts of clearing the entire map are instantly nullified.

I play on PC and post-June '20 update, game stability has gone a bit down for me. GZ has crashed on me few times. But compared to the crashes amount i used to have, it’s peanuts.

Backstory about me vs GZ crashes

Bought GZ in the beginning of April '19. Back then, i had game crash on me every 5 mins or so. Only when there was a night-time in the game, game was stable enough (for 30mins) so i could progress the mission(s).

April '19 Update did stabilize the game somewhat, so i was able to play more but crashes were still frequent. On average, every 30 mins or so. Also, once i got outside of the Arcipelago region with my missions, game was much more stable.

June '19 Update had even more stability fixes. Then, i was able to play about 2 hours before game crashed. Once the session’s 1st crash happened, the crash frequency went up and game on average crashed every 15 mins or so.

There was no July '19 Update.

August '19 Update didn’t have any effect on game stability.

But September '19 Update had big stability issue fixes, at least for me. I was able to play 6-8 hours straight before crash happened. Basically one or two crashes per my gaming session.

October '19 Update changed things a bit and i got my daily 3-5 crashes up front (within the first few gameplay hours) before game found it’s “groove” and stayed running for 10+ hours problem free.

November '19 Update brought Alpine Unrest DLC with even better game stability. I rarely had any crashes when playing through Himfjäll.

There were no December '19 Update.

January '20 Update brought a bug where every time new Rival would’ve spawned, game hard crashed. Couldn’t play GZ at that time.

February '20 Update fixed the above issue and game was back to the level of stability it used to have. I rarely got any crashes anymore.

March '20 update brought new inventory system but stability wise, game was very good.

April '20 update brought the hellbent AI and there were quite a bit of stability issues, especially when a lot of machines were in one spot.

June '20 update fixed the hellbent AI and brought FNIX Rising DLC for PCs. So far, GZ has crashed on me 3-4 times, in total, since June '20 update.

There was no July '20 update.

And August '20 update will be only for consoles.

Conclusion:
I’ve had easily 1000+ game crashes during all this time and i’m not complaining about them since there have been improvement over time. I’ll just send crash reports to devs and wait patiently once the devs fix all GZ stability issues.

Some may say it’s madness for me to put up with all those crashes :crazy_face: while others may say that i have a very great deal of patience. :sunglasses: I can only say this much that i really like GZ (story, atmospehre, SP experience, MP fun) and i’ve gotten used to with GZ crashing on me.

Is game crashing annoying for me? Yes.
Is it gamebreaking for me? No.

Yes.

Only time when machine HP refills and machine repairs itself, including getting back lost weapons is with Rivals and when they level up. From lvl1 to lvl2, lvl2 to lvl3 and lvl3 to lvl4.

In all other instances, machines keep the damage you deal to them.

All enemies are persistently simulated in the world, and roam the landscape with intent and purpose. When you manage to destroy a specific enemy component, be it armor, weapons or sensory equipment, the damage is permanent. Enemies will bear those scars until you face them again, whether that is minutes, hours, or weeks later.

Source: https://generationzero.com/en/#game-info

2 Likes

Thats a quote from the original trailer

1 Like

@Admiralgamer @Aesyle knew Literally nothing about this game until I was trying to spend a leftover 18 dollars on the PSn store a month ish ago and I saw it was on for 17 dollars. Awesome.

1 Like

It is the hidden gem of the gaming world. Not many find it and most are put off by reviews made like a year ago complaining about bugs that no longer exist.

4 Likes

@Admiralgamer

100 percent agree. For what it is, there is no other game like GZ. Maybe the Hunting game they made. I am actually in the process of writing a detailed write up about my thoughts on the game after finishing all story missions and 3/4s of sides.

2 Likes

I 1st saw Beta gameplay of GZ in Youtube, before GZ launched. Since i liked what i saw, i Wishlisted it on Steam. After GZ launched, i bought it one week later and started playing.

1 Like

Same @Aesyle i watched a youtuber do it and bought it about a week after launch.

1 Like

Generation Zero is one of very few games I have ever pre-purchased! :star_struck:
I was completely sold after watching the very first trailer! I knew I was gonna like it! Watched all the trailers again and again… Those were some looong months waiting for the game to release.
Even got me the “Radical Vanity Pack” for pre-purchasing. The bomber jacket is cool, at least. :wink:

1 Like

I didnt say anything, and you didnt see anything

1 Like

And that is enough of off-topic in this thread. Either we get back on topic or i’ll conclude this topic as answered and lock it. Which one it shall be?

//Mod

1 Like

@FilthyLittleGodPS4 You can kill practically almost every single machine in the Archipelago, but in the rest of the map? NO, they respawn around the map, and they do it faster now than in 2019.

1 Like