Crafted bonus to clothing doesn't stay after changing char and shutting down the game

PC I7 6700k 1080 etc etc

Adding a bonus to clothing takes the resources and adds the 1%. Changing to another char keeps the changed clothing so one can use the same or different clothing bonus, as it should be.
But when turning off the game the new (crafted) bonuses are gone. as it shouldn’t be.

Pic just to illustrate that crafting have taken place… a pic showing it not remaining isn’t really needed imo.
I’ve tried more clothing than those pants, I have yet to ‘overwrite’ any old existing bonuses for testing purposes, as textiles seems to be the rarest item in the game right now… and well …the bonus don’t stick on the normal clothing.

Repro as above: Craft an outfits bonus, swap char, check that it’s crafted still … maybe craft some with the other char too, so you have two full outfits to lose bonus on when starting the game again.

Host single player

1 Like

good spotting , personally i would of thought it would be isolated to each char. ( not tested ).

You’re right. Either it doesn’t show after a game restart, or it just resets. That’s probably not how it was intended to be.

1 Like

The percentage is too low to really test it now, as I haven’t found schematics to make a full 4% of the same skill, the difference would be really low anyway.

For me cosmetics are the main thing, and I haven’t used any of the old +% clothing, but at least a reason to start looting houses again, that is one of the most fun parts for me.
Just a bit of a miss that the ‘crafting update’ lacked crafting that stayed after logging out :wink:

I’ve already poked the devs about a bunch of things, but I’ll make sure to add this issue to The List :tm:.

1 Like

It’s vice-versa for me. I have so much textile that i’m thinking dropping most of it.

Oh, you’ll get plenty of textile from loot bags (backbag).

1 Like

You can store mats at the Recycling Station :slightly_smiling_face:

Hehe, Yeah, I had insane amounts of everything else. while playing with co-op mate he asked why i said Textiles were so rare… as he had found hundreds while we were playing, and I found like 10 during that time.

I had a disconnection from the Steam server and restarted. after 30 minutes i had hundreds of that too?!
Seems my lootboxes had refused to agree that there should be anything as new as textiles in them :slight_smile:

I wonder, if i store all my resources in recycling station, to they actually stay there when i shut the game down? :thinking:

By the looks of it, they should since it has capacity of 250 slots and resources take a good chunk of my carry capacity when hauling them all with me.

1 Like

I logged on to confirm and yeah, they stay.

3 Likes

I just did the same, and were just about to say you can store several thousands of material in those 250, as it’s the same type of weight as the lootbox (Plundra) uses.But now i confirmed it 3 minutes after Xezr… better late than never :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, one more issue/flaw with crafting.

If you’ve already crafted a bonus to your clothing item, e.g 1% bullet resistance to jacket and if you try to craft same bonus on same item again (in hopes to increase the resistance by another 1%, bringing total to 2%) then you’ll loose your crafting resources but the bonus doesn’t change.

Either the bonus should made be stackable or you can’t craft the same bonus again on same item (so you won’t loose resources).

2 Likes

Most of the time they don’t show what skill one put (currently only temporary) on the clothing.
At times one of my chars got the hairstyle(!!!?!) from my other char when both had been in crafting as a test.
They are in no way clones, even as they have the same face, and more or less totally the same skills, but they both been …XP exploited up separately during the old fasttravel back and one-shot + fireworks days.

So there are more problems with the crafting with more than one char, but that one can’t really be described, and I don’t feel a need to repro it with the few textiles I have left, as the result don’r stay… but it happened more than one during testing. (only one of the chars have any hair, or anything on his head)

EDIT-> Oh, and at times the pants and the shoes don’t show any schematics after been around the workbench a while, then you just have to log out. fast travel between workbenches didn’t work for me at least.

Now the bonuses stays after logout…
But I can confirm the oddity of char 4 getting the same haircut as char 2 when crafting still lingers?!

They have the same skills, and same base ‘face’, but are in no way clones, but 2 fully separate chars that I quite quickly ‘exploit leveled’ up, using fastravel one-shots and fireworks and every nasty trick in the book in the early days of the game, when my hacker char showed to be useless dud.

Crafting with Char 2 makes Char 4 get my trademark Bald Blond Crew cut™ (never patch that one, I need it by now)
Pictures of the 2 different chars:

And the sudden hair gain/char mutation during crafting:

I didn’t try any other jacket than the Xeno this time as I love it, and as far as I know it haven’t been re-released, and I’m probably one of around ten owners, outside of the devs and testers, of the Blockbuster Vanity DLC that I managed to buy during very short time it were available.

i got that vanity pack as well, jacket was broken for awhile

1 Like

Wasn’t it only the antarctic jacket that were really broken a while?
(I remember finding the workaround for being able to use male chars, that got locked out from game when equipped with it back at that time).

ahh, u r correct…my eyes must be going, thats the aliens xeno jacket, mcreadys jacket was the broken 1

1 Like

The same happened to me, and I lost my valuable resources. This is wrong and should not happen.