Cross-platform play between PS4, Xbox and PC

This game looked absolutely amazing! I was so hyped up to play on my xbox one with my friend while he plays on his computer until i found out this game is does not allow online cross play between platforms. From a technical standpoint… there should be no reason why this cannot be achieved. The servers know who you are… so why can’t they talk to eachother? Hint: (they can) . Look at fortnite… hundreds of millions of users from xbox, playstation, PC to even mobile that can all be in one game at once. Unfortunately my friend and i will not be buying this until it becomes online multi platformed as like i said… can be very easily achieved by the developers if they so choose. Great game, with even greater potential!

Sadly with a lot of games, sometimes it’s not the developers fault that cross platform isn’t allowed, but its the consoles companies itself. Xbox is known to be better with this stuff and allowing cross play but I know for a fact that Sony doesn’t like it much when people want to have cross play with games. The only two games I can think of that have cross play on PS4 are Rocket League and Fortnite. Let’s hope that the devs can negotiate a way to cross platform!

2 Likes

Most games aren’t cross-play lmao, literally not a big deal…stick to Fortnite then :face_vomiting: The loss of split-screen is a waaaaay larger issue than 2 people who don’t wanna play on the same platform!

2 Likes

There’s only a handful of games in existence that support cross platform play. Fortnite, Rocket League, Apex Legends and probably a few more that don’t come to mind. Sony basically don’t even allow people to share accounts between platforms (annoying as f**k, as I can’t play War Thunder on my PS4 while my computer does time consuming light rendering). Also, unless you’re an actual programmer who knows how to make games, don’t BS about stuff being easy. Nothing about making games is easy and if you’re talking about skilled devs having access to industry standard equipment and being paid what their labor is worth, nothing is cheap either.

While this title lacks a lot of desirable features, and cross-platform play is something I really want, your post is some A-grade entitled douchebaggery. It’s shit like this that convinced Bioware to make a generic cash grab looter shooter instead of another single player magnum opus like Mass Effect.

6 Likes

Sea of Thieves is cross play but it’s a Microsoft game so PC and Xbox makes sense. But this game is on all platforms making it more difficult. I doubt ps4 and Xbox are willing to do business on this game.

In the past it has been a Sony issue (from everything that I have read) and from friends that used to be “in the business” you may need to have huge sales before you can twist Sonys arm into permitting certain aspects of the game.

One of the CoD games had cross play available for a few hours and Fortnite had a similar crossplay start.

As the three platforms that Generation Zero run on are all essentially based on the x86 family I would say that the main issue would be platform licensing.

Seriously, the only reason you down a game is no cross-platform? That’d so uncommon even today , I don’t know why you should expect it.

2 Likes

Actually you can. You see player with * in front of their name, meaning they are PS4 or PS4 account players.

Only catch here is, you have to do the account on PS4, then connect it to PC account. Now you can play same account on PS4 & PC.

Only huge downside is if you have already made ton of progress in PC, this is not an option. :unamused:

Devs have said in livestreams that because they use the apex engine cross-platform is much harder to be implied and that isn’t their main focus for the game right now , but Maybe in the far future .

2 Likes

Thats very true. For some reason Sony doesn’t really like to allow that. It took them awhile to allow mods on the ps4 (even though the mesh can’t be changed yet etc). I don’t know why they are so against it

Would really like to see this game be able to crossplatform, at least pc/xbox. Got a lot of friends wanting to play but I’m on pc and gave up on consoles ages ago. I’m sure there is a lot that goes into sumtn like that but it would expand my friends list in this game greatly.

Cross-platform was asked in one of the older dev streams and devs answer to it is at 00:29:12,
link: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/498442216?filter=archives&sort=time

Sounds like there is hope for the future so that’s good.

May be worth looking into how PC and Xbox are able to co-inhabit the same game server in Minecraft. I don’t know how they do it, but though it would be worth mentioning as a starting point for PC & Xbox Cross Play.

Yeah it would have to be through the bedrock version of minecraft they would have to look into, Java is just PC

Merged several topics about cross-platform play requests into one, neat topic.

//Mod

For Gods sake, I have at least 8 friends who would buy this game if it was cross play capable. We warzone on pc-Xbox-PS all the time. That it is 2021 and this is even an issue is ridiculous. Cross play should be a no brained if you want to expand your base. This game doesn’t get great reviews to begin with. It is hard to believe that they can’t add cross play to expand the base. It’s a huge selling point! I have fun with it, but it would be better with people I know who prefer PS or PC.

That was 3 years ago, and they said “never say never” and “something we’re interested in” so has there been any updates on that? Fortnite and War Thunder have somehow managed to cross-platform effectively. I realize it’s a much smaller team, but maybe they’ve grown since then?