Current state of Genereation Zero (on PC)

From the Vulture release it’s sad enough just a slope downhill going steeper and steeper.

First serious bug was the sparks effects from some augmentations but it could somewhat be avoided without performance loss.

Then a patch released for memory optimization that shouldn’t had been!
Some objects started to load in late and things getting weirder. Machines doing strange things sometime and showing odd behaviors in situations you’ve seen hundreds of times.

Another patch a few days ago that should fix companions color problems and that it got stuck in Plundra for some. Things is even worse now!
Machines just vanish into thin air, both alive and destroyed ones. Machines doing even more strange things and showing really odd behaviors! For sure not on purpose becuase it sometimes even kills them!
Seen so many things just the last days but only a couple of times or more and expect to see more IF I can keep playing now. It would be long list of bugs but I feel “It’s enough now”!

It would had taken a handful of players just a couple of hours in game to realize that the “fixes” added more problems than solving!

In my work in IT, you reach a point in certain situations where you (should) stop trying to fix and instead go back a number of steps to a stage where it worked fairly well instead of hardly at all. That point is passed…

2 Likes