Dark Skies Update Discussion Thread

Did anyone find all three new machine blueprints yet?

I currently just got two of them.
One in hagaboda in one of the towers on the eastern wall, one in the secret fnix outpost south east of kopparberget castle. But during the mission.

There is still one collectible missing in Hagaboda, so I guess it’s somewhere there.

Its in Hagaboda, when you are going to the middle soviet beacon youll see a dead soldier with the BP next to him

1 Like

Uh yeah it’s by the 2nd Soviet beacon next to some dead soldiers.

1 Like

This alone is awesome. That was SOOOOO annoying.

1 Like

The new mission was cool. But too short. Once you know how to take down the Firebirds, they aren’t terribly difficult outside of tangling with them when you’re already in a fight. Shock ammo and shooting each thruster to get the shock ammo to arc across them takes care of them in a hurry. Same thing using .50 cal explosive on the thrusters. Takes a while because you have to dodge the incoming fire. But not terribly difficult if you engage them near cover.

In the forest though, that’s another story. My first Firebird encounter was under the canopy of trees while doing the marshlands daily today. I couldn’t see it, but it could see me. Let’s just say that didn’t end well. lol

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Fell into Water on Bike, Now Bike Won’t Pedal

The map is completely reset in a new world, including safehouses. Challenges are also reset per world.

But as mentioned before, all Collectibles, Schematics, Blueprints etc. are global for the game. And so is the Plundra and its contents - I originally didn’t expect that.

So you can port items from one world to a new world using the Plundra - just a quick tip! :+1:

1 Like

That sounds great on the one hand, because by this I could try to start again in a new world to get rid of the bug with losing safehouses each week.

On the other hand, if you start with a new character in a new world, will you transfer your plundra, too?

If I would like to experience everything from the start again, it would be bad if I initially would have access to every weapon and ammo.

There something I don’t quite understand. Maybe a language thing?

We find a Computer in a Hidden FNIX facility (according the map). Then in the lore they talk about “A Soviet Computer in a FNIX port”. Port is the word what I am confused about. Since the Hidden FNIX facility isn’t near the coast.

What do you think about that?

The Plundra is shared between worlds and characters. So yes you have access to everything in your Plundra with all characters (including new ones) and from all worlds. What you do with it is up to you.

I’m doing a new playthrough where I’ll test some of the new resistance weapons, and Molotovs etc. - but I won’t be using experimentals at all or 5-star weapons until I find them. I also plan on “restricting” myself by not buying the inventory upgrade from skill points - but of course do what you like in your game. :sunglasses:

Can you provide a screenshot of how this is presented in the game, and also to give a bit more context? I’m willing to try and interpret, if I can. :grimacing:

1 Like

It’s in the Death from Above mission items file. Text here for convenience.

A Soviet Computer in a FNIX port (Mission item)

The computer is hacked into Soviet military communications, showing messages from a group calling themselves “The Golden Faction”.

The most recent message reads:
"As requested the first group of Firebird reinforcements have departed from Kabarga Camp. Landfall at the town of Hagaboda is estimated to be within 6 hours. Beacons will be deployed to ensure safer navigation for the main bulk of Firebirds, which are ready to leave as soon as the beacon placement is confirmed.

With these additional resources we expect the town to be retaken and established as a secure base within the week. Operation Red Eye cannot be another failure.

The Golden Faction, Command"

In the german text they used the word “port”, too. From the image of this entry I would bet the better word would be “interface”

There is a soviet computer connected to a fnix one.

1 Like

A port is, in computer terms, another word for an input slot for connecting devices.

4 Likes

Like an “usb-port”, for example. “Interface” could have been used, too.

1 Like

In German they also use the word “an” instead of “in” in English. If they had said “on a FNIX port”, I wouldn’t have put on the wrong (thinking) path. :joy:

I guess being a computer geek that I interpreted “port” as interface when seeing FNIX port. This never even occurred to me that it could have meant “harbour”. But I can definitely understand the confusion.

Usb-port? What is that? Haha… :stuck_out_tongue: :coffee:

I did while finishing the “Death from Above” missions

I have them now, too.

Missed the one at the soviet antenna yesterday.
It was dark an a wrecked lynx lay on it. :sweat_smile: