Dark Skies Update Discussion Thread

Hey guys 'n gals.

I’m creating this new discussion thread specifically for the Dark Skies Update.
Threads concerning this topic will also get merged here. If you’ve got feedback and/or
criticism in mind, #feedback-feature-requests is the place for that.

Hope you enjoy the update :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

There are 4 moped skins. Blue, red, yellow, and green

2 Likes

A surprise was that resources now weigh a lot less! My resourcebox was almost full and now it’s down to a little over 100 kg.

3 Likes

Resources were made to weight 0.01kg per one now, its a continuation of the crafting rebalance.

1 Like

The motorbikes from the DLC are insanely fast and awesome, it’s unfortunate they eat up fuel so quickly.

Also what do y’all think of the new mission? I enjoyed it. I’m still hoping all of this will lead to a new story DLC where we have to invade a new soviet inhabited isiand.

1 Like

The Tuned Moped can be found in the first safehouse you come across leaving the Archipelago.

Keep an eye on the moped/motorbikes’ condition. Too much damage and they will break down.
This applies to collisions, gunfire and so forth. Fortunately, you can find Repair Kits out in the world, and they can also be crafted. One kit is enough to fully repair the vehicle.

Fuel canisters can be found in the world. Check places where they’d logically be.

Bicycle steering has also been improved, feels slightly less like driving a brick now.

2 Likes

The weapon skins can also drop when completing base defense or assault missions.

So unfortunately, I’m at work so I won’t be able to check this out for myself for several hours.

Are there any new story missions as part of this update or is it just content?

Yay! I might actually be able to complete In the Face of Adversity now!

1 Like

Anyone worked out how to completely start a new game in another world slot?

Which machines drop moped and motorcycle skins/colors?

Pretty much all the higher level machines like tanks, reapers, harvesters, wolves, and firebirds can all drop the bikes. Only rivals can drop the weapon skins and the higher class tanks and harvesters have the highest chance of dropping them.

2 Likes

There is one new side mission that’s pretty fun to complete. Firebirds are pretty hard to fight.

Are there many of them?

Yeah I fought 3 at once in hagaboda. There’s a lot of them.

I was hoping we’d get a little more story. But this is good I guess.

I do hope that we get more expansions that can expand on the story with more missions. I had played through the original story after launch. I only came back to the game a few months ago, played through the main story again, Alpine, FNIX, etc. The new story expansions and missions were outstanding IMHO compared to the “good” story of the original release. It leaves the whole story open for so much more. I was hoping we’d get a bit more with Dark Skies. I guess we are in the form of 1 mission.

But this leaves me wanting more.

Yeah I see what you mean. This mission does give some more lore on what Tatiana is doing with FNIX so that’s pretty cool but I would’ve appreciated more missions as well.

Indeed. I’ll gladly buy more expansion packs if they include story driven content. To me, story driven content trumps everything else in terms of new stuff. Sure, new mechanics, items, etc are cool and a welcome addition. I think the mopeds and dirt bikes are long overdue. The new skins are cool and look great. The Firebird seems like it will be a formidable new enemy to contend with.

But without more story, new items and enemies are just “fluff”. After a few days of killing Firebirds and scooting around the landscape on the new vehicles, we’re pretty much back to end-game grind of killing rivals, Reapers, FNIX bases, and roaming the landscape with not a whole lot of purpose or sense of urgency.

5 Likes

Yeah that’s how felt when I didn’t know about that mission. I just felt a sense of dread when I realized that they’re really wasn’t any meat added in this update. Just fluff. I do feel that the island in the top right is going to be added soon. I personally would say the first quarter of 2023.

I personally would love randomly generated missions. Not like assignments but fetch quests or go here and look at this buts it’s guarded by machines. I would love that so much. They could be given out by random people or radios out in the wild.

1 Like

Did anyone test the new world feature combined with a new character yet?

Is it really like deleting all? Do you have to collect everything again like blueprints, collectibles and schematics? Or are just the missions and the map and plundra etc reset to zero?

What if you delete your forth character and start a create a new one. Is the plundra etc for this character empty then, but for the others as it was before (shared)?

I’m just a bit afraid something is going wrong and everything will be lost.