Difficulty setting for the game (Essence of "Why, oh why...")

Do you perceive the game as too easy or too hard? And in what way?

Too easy for me but that is because Iā€™ve played the game from launch and have learned the gameā€™s mechanics so the challenge has gone for me

2 Likes

Yeah, no damage and empty loot canisters. I remember. Thatā€™s hard mode

Iā€™ll make it short.

To me, GZ is too easy since:

1. Iā€™ve learned the tactics of machines and know the best way to deal with them.
  2. GZ has had several updates that made it easier compared to the launch time.

The 1st point was achieved by playing solely and strictly in SP, never giving up. Even the constant game crashes didnā€™t scare me away. Also, i advanced slowly, learning at each step.

For the 2nd point, i have three examples:

• Getting first aid kits from most machines and gaining about 80% of spent ammo back when taking down bigger machines (harvs/tanks).
    There was a time where runners and hunters didnā€™t give any first aid kits whatsoever and it was rare to get first aid kit from harvs and tanks. Also, you got only specific ammo from machines, true to the weapon they had, not the weapon you used to take them out. Now, thereā€™s much less initiative to explore and collect your gear (first aid kits and ammo) from looting.
    Introduced in Juneā€™s Update. From patch notes, read: ā€œMachine Lootā€.
  • Easier missions.
    Reduced gas damage in set areas (e.g: ā€œBehind the barricadeā€) and reduced machines amount at the mission locations (e.g ā€œWrench in the worksā€, ā€œBack on trackā€, ā€œSpiking the gunsā€).
    Introduced in Juneā€™s Update (main missions) and Augustā€™s Update (side missions).
  • Ability to get end-game weapons at the beginning of the game.
    Here, i mean experimental weapons from rivals. Those should be locked behind final mission, just like Alpine Unrest is.
    Introduced in Octoberā€™s Update.
2 Likes

Thank you for your point of view and the detailed analysis, Aesyle!

At least they should not pop up in the starting area. I agree.

Is it? I didnā€™t know!

Iā€™m with @Flick and @Aesyle on this. I think at the start you should be able to choose between playing a mainly solo game, or a mainly multi-player. The solo would be completely immersive, in the sense that it would be true to the original vision of the game, whereas the multi-player would spawn more ā€œBossyā€ type machines, upgrade weapons dropping from anywhere and more ā€œhordeā€ type scenarios.

I think that you learn how to survive in the world, and once you have you donā€™t want it any ā€œeasierā€. I want the world to be like the world is, and I have to get better and think about strategies after every engagement. I use far more tools now than I did. I worked out where I needed flares and what type - how to use mines, and hand grenades to my best advantage. If I died I went back over the engagement to see what I could have done better, which meant that I was ā€œplayingā€ for hours after I stopped playing! In the next engagement, I was better prepared. But what I love is that I am facing the same challenges as everyone else - and when we discussed it, we can share experiences, knowing that the others know exactly what we are talking about.

3 Likes