Hey guys,What’s your ideas about possible DLC’s content

I honestly would like to postpone any new content until a lot of the bugs have been fixed that are waiting in the Bug Reports section. But that is just me.

4 Likes

That’s why I put bugs fixing as Nr.1;))I found yesterday immortal hunter not far from lighthouse safehouse.But without fresh content game is slowly slowly dying.

We just got a DLC, great stuff!

I am out for tonight. See ya around.

Already passed;))New island,though enemy,but small quantity of interesting missions.Take care😉

1 Like

I want the level cap removed or raised at a minimum 5 levels higher, preferably at least 10. Why? Because working to gain experience to unlock some new goody is part of the fun for me and once you hit 30 at least half the point of my motivation to go exploring, engage fights, etc is gone. With the new ridiculously difficult new enemy versions and likely more on the way it also doesn’t make sense to me to have a character stagnate as the challenges increase.

Keep in mind I’m a solo-only player. The idea of leveling up alternate characters for different purposes may make more sense in the multiplayer world but for single player it’s an untenable mechanic.

Ill will affirm though that right now all that matters is #1 because the game is unplayable for the most part because of the constant random crashes.

1 Like

@Dusty You would like S.T.A.L.K.E.R and Metro series, they have many of the things you said.
From what you said i would like to see number 1,3 and 4.

It is a bit funny for me to read postings in here about tougher machines with tougher fights, merciless survival modes, extreme weather, and all other kinds of devilry that makes life hard on our poor protagonist. It’s like some of you guys can’t get pain and suffering enough (obviously said in a very loving and understanding way). I have kind of experienced and witness enough of that for my taste IRL, so I don’t need a game to satisfy those emotional needs :wink:

What I would like from new DLC’s is world exploring, problem solving, background story elaboration, a fair bit of fighting, complex research/production facilities, mining complexes, re-establishing infrastructure. I would like to see new guns but nothing above 6*. Some kind of collaboration with the resistance (NPC’s) to form a strategy for fighting back (missions) too.

4 Likes

I spent hundreds of hours in those games;))original story and with mods too;))GZ have good chances to become good solo/coop survival game😏

I feel the same way, IanForce. I am a solo-only player though so the difficulty is quite over the top for me. Finally finding some better weapons now but it’s still the most PTSD-inducing game I’ve ever played. Can’t imagine it getting worse. Even with top tier weapons I can’t face these new Apocalypse class machines without a really good building to shelter in.

Probably it’s the people that play multiplayer online that need more challenge because with a team of people it’s probably really easy to take these things out.

3 Likes

I think you’re right. In co-op the machines spend quite a bit of time not chasing or shooting at you. That makes the game a lot easier.

1 Like

I haven’t played much the last month or so, but a few days ago I had some GZ time. I met with two Apo class tanks and picked one of them as target. I sent 12 grenades at it using my 5* Carl Gustav while it just stood there staring at me. Then it started launching trip mines at me, a first for me, so I died a few times. Then I emptied all my PVG rounds at it apparently without any effect. Then I used all my automatic rounds, before they lost interest in me and walked away like nothing had happen. I was left with no adrenaline, no health packs, a few pebbles in my pocket to throw at them, and a fair bit of swear words queueing to get out. I think that you get nowhere against Apo tanks without experimental weapons. Yes, it is plenty hard for solo players!

There is a safehouse in South Coast that is a boat dock with a loft. It sits on a tiny islet that you get to on a think wooden pier. You can see a town far across the water and with high powered rifles you can even take out enemies. There was a mission earlier in the game to clear that town of enemies and I managed to complete it by standing at that safehouse and using a combination of Vanguard hacking and long range hunting rifles. It took a lot patience but that was the only way I could kill all those hunters at that stage in the game.

But I digress…

So the other day I fast traveled to that particular safe house. A Level 4 Rival Tank - Apocalypse edition was nearby. It was on the hill north across the water from the islet boat dock safehouse. I emptied all my 6* rocket launcher shells at it, I emptied all my 6* PV90 ammo (more than 100 rounds), I emptied all my Magnus rounds. Walked over to Plundra and got my AG4, AG5 and two different hunting rifles. Emptied nearly all of them. Completely drained everything. For some reason I guess it couldn’t find a path to me and was too far from me to hit me with anything, so it had about 20 or 30 ticks dropped below it that also didn’t go anywhere. So it just sat there taking my shots. I was down to taking pot shots with with a 9mm handgun. I got it, eventually. Didn’t get any good drops from it though after all that.

1 Like

It shouldn’t normally take that many rounds of experimental PVG90 rounds to take down one tank. I killed a couple of apocalypse ones that had gotten to the mainland the other day entirely with PVG90 rounds and I probably used 80(?) rounds in total to kill both, max. Besides the ticks being nastier, I actually found them easier than some other tanks because their mine launcher attackers were fairly easy to avoid.

1 Like

That isn’t true for everybody. I’m also solo player and i’d like GZ to revert it’s difficulty back to the launch date time since back then, GZ’s difficulty was what devs intended it to be. Now, there are several player asked nerfs in the game, making it easier and less of a challenge.

1 Like

Oh back in those days you could blow up a tank with a sigle propan tank. And flares did not work. I’m not sure whather this was intended but I dont want to go back to this stage.

I would agree if they sorted out the balance and redid or removed the apo machines. This is what we get with an “evolving” game.

Edit: Who would want the bugs to return? Fireworks would crash the game, bikes couldn’t handle puddles… obviously that stuffs stays fixed.

But the game is not easyer now? The machines hit as hard as before. They shoot as much as before they did not move while shooting as now. Except the running attacks of tanks. If you dont use the exp weapons it the same game as back in those days.

I must say I do not like the APO machines. Not because I don’t like a new challenge tier but because they represent too far a leap in tech. What I personally find so appealing about the game is the design and atmosphere of the world. The machines are made of the same kind of parts that construction equipment is made from, with some 80’s appropriate imaging tech. The fact they can be bamboozled and get stuck in trees and such may be bad pathfinding but works because 80’s processing power didn’t have the kind of AI we have today. It all works beautifully. The apocalypse machines are a step towards silly fantasyland where they have unrealistic abilities and not appropriate aesthetic or design for the setting of the game world. I guess the people who’ve been wishing for some kind of space alien invasion fantasy are starting to get what they want. To me, it’s too bad, because GZ has a very unique atmosphere and the machine design has up til now been plausible enough to create real immersion. Nothing else that I know of even comes close to pulling off what they did but if they keep going the way of the APO machines it will lose what makes it so special. There’s lots of scifi robo mechwarrior alien invasion games out there.

More areas and raising the level cap are my hopes for additions, but new machines only if they are of the same design style as the originals as far as earth-made, respectful of real physics and limited to materials and technology of the 80’s, more or less.

4 Likes

That’s spot on. I’ve described them as “cartoon” but you’re more eloquent. On top of that, fighting them is (for me) not even fun. It’s a chore. And since they’re deadly it’s hard to ignore them.

1 Like

It is not.
GZ is easier than it was at launch and here i don’t count the bugs that made gameplay harder back then (e.g flares not working).

In this topic here, i summed up the game nerfs,
link: Difficulty setting for the game (Essence of "Why, oh why...")

1 Like