Disappearing ammo in game

Playing the game since yesterday so never played before april update. Ammo for weapons just randomly disapear from inventory. No matter if I use the Autimatikgevär 4, a SMG, the Pistol the ammo counter just goes to 0 and is gone for good.

Platform:
PC

Steps To Reproduce:
There is no exact way to reproduce it I am aware of atm. It just randomly happens during shooting, reloading, switching weapons, de and attaching ammo, ect. Everything weapon related.

Images / Videos:
Have none

Host or Client:
Both

Players in your game:
0 up to 2

2 Likes

Same issue. Ammo keeps vanishing from inventory, except for .32 rounds. Everything else disappears randomly. If i reload before the clip is empty (on the SMG, for example), it’s less likely do take all of the ammo, but still has on a couple of occasions.

Platform:
Xbox 1

Steps to Reproduce:
Unsure, only happens during reloading times for me.

Images / Videos:
None

Host or Client
Only have played solo, but set to have Anyone join via multiplayer

Players in Game
Just me.

1 Like

I’ve been having the same issue on single player PC. The game runs fine, but every once in a while, my ammo just up and disappears on me. It’s very frustrating, especially in the middle of a firefight. I hope they fix this soon.

Platform: PC

Description: ammo disappeared while trying to play inventory Tetris

Steps To Reproduce: I try to pick up some ammo for the .44 Magnus (HP x8)
not enough room so I drop some rockets
Pick up the HP x8 and realize it is the same ammo type currently in my Magnus so I drop it and then remove the ammo in my Magnus (HP x10) and drop it thinking that picking them all up together will make it stack.
pick everything back up and rockets are back but all Magnus ammo is gone

Images / Videos:

Host or Client: host

Players in your game: me

Specifications:CPU Intel Core i7-9700k
RAM 16GB
GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Winows 10
64 bit

@kakarron Hey kakarron, I’ve found a way of this glitch happening say you drop X amount of ammo and pick it up and leave without visiting a safe house the game doesn’t recognise it as a auto save so it goes to your last dropped item and last load spot and loads from there this happend to me with a lot of HEDP rounds can’t go into detail how many but a lot is what I can say. Aside to this try this for yourself and check if it’s true
Thanks for reading this

Welcome to the forums, and thanks for the report! Yeah, this is a known bug that’s been reported across all platforms. Ammo doesn’t actually disappear, but is hidden… Somehow… I can’t really explain it. It’s happened to me as well, so I know your frustration.

This is one of the bugs that’s on the developers’ to-do list, so hopefully we’ll see a fix for all inventory-related issues in the near future.

Thanks for the speedy reply. If it’s hidden how do I find it again?

Good question :slight_smile:

maybe they are hidden in the same place as my missions :upside_down_face:

this happened to me a while ago i equipped 80 ammo to my SMG and it disappeared and then 2 days later i equipped 100 SMG and it came up with 180 ammo

I don’t know how to make it appear again, but I did some co-op with a friend of mine recently and he lost some 1000 rounds of 7,62 ammo. Then a bit later when he was clearing out his bags and switching weapons, all the empty slots suddenly filled with 7,62 ammo. Unfortunately I didn’t see it happen so I’ve no idea how to recreate it :confused:

1 Like

Platform: Xbox One X

Steps To Reproduce: Seems randomly

Images / Videos: None

Host or Client: Host

Players in your game: 2

Specifications: Ammo disapears randomly when you reload, happend with 7.62 Ammo with AG4 and 9mm Sub with the HP5. Found the 9mm Ammo attached to the rocket launcher.

Hi all :wave:

I decided to merge a bunch of these “disappearing ammo” reports into one massive thread in an effort to have as much information as possible in one place.

I am glad to see so much information being shared, however, despite that we have (thus far) been unable to reproduce this issue in-house.

If you have any ideas, thoughts or additional information on this issue it would go a long way to help us reproduce, identify and fix the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience :pray:

1 Like

I can’t remember who said it, but someone suggested that removing the need to attach ammo stacks to weapons would solve a whole bunch of problems and I agree. There have been several bugs associated with it, like ammo attaching to the wrong weapons, duplicate attachments that turned out to be ammo, etc so I wouldn’t be surprised if the vanishing ammo is related to this as well.

From what I can discern it seems that ammo doesn’t just disappear, it gets attached to a weapon somehow. It’s still there, but can’t be removed.

1 Like

If you watch my video above, you’ll see I switch to the rocket launcher, shoot it once and it reloads, then I switch quick to the rifle, but the reload animation wasn’t quite finished, so maybe that had something to do with it? In a firefight like that, you’re switching ammo and weapons fast on the fly and maybe it gets confused.

Don’t know, just a thought.

1 Like