Disappearing ammo in game

Platform:

PC

Description:

ammo disappears from weapon randomly. Has happened to the rifle and klauck with different sizes of stacks of ammo. In game I’m left with only the rounds in the magazine / chamber.

Steps To Reproduce:

seems to happen randomly.

Images / Videos:

Host or Client:

Players in your game:

solo

Specifications:

1 Like

I have had this happen as well, and reported it in the “all problems” thread which I can’t find right now, but I have video of it:

If that doesn’t take you to the right time, skip to 8:51 timestamp.

1 Like

Yeah thats the exact same thing with myself.

I started a new run as it was happening constantly with the rifle.

I managed to get through to the 2nd ‘island’ without any issues of ammo disappearance.

Anyway first big fight with a harvester and tank and all my assault rifle disappears mid combat! The rifle duplicated a scope onto the same weapon and also had a medkit attached to it as well. So infuriating!!

I got it to, combined with ammo turned into a silencer on my AK5. :frowning:

Same exact problem here, in a multiplayer firefight and suddenly my >200 ammo is 0 what the hell?

Unfortunatelly i cannot make any screenshot.

Some of us experiencce occasional bug when you loose all your ammo from equiped weapon.
At my AutomatGevar 4 i have installed a 2x ACOG Sight, when i was doing some testing in safehouse all my ammo (rip) get lost, when i clicked a weapon to unequip acog i saw i got 2x acogs installed, i can remove both so it is a practically a duping method which should be addressed. as im not a developer or so, i bet it is something connected with memory leak or item indexing.

Steps to reproduce: install an additional equipment on you weapon and wait for ammo disaperance.

Platform: PC

Solo play

1 Like

Have you managed to repro it with the ‘new’ scope, or is one of the scopes acting as a huge mag containing all ammo?

When I (pre-patch) fell through the ground in co-op, and had to rejoin, I suddenly had 2 1-4X scopes attached to my AG4, and the ammo weren’t visible outside of the inventory, and removing one at a time only made a single one show in the inventory, but it jumped around in the inventory, and the extended mag and silencer weren’t visible in the list of attachements.

I had to drop it all and borrow a co-op mates spare 4-8X scope to get it back into it’s separate pieces again. I think it were a blue AG4.

Only happened once

I did some more testing:

1. only one scope is removable, trying to remove a bugged one leads to some inventory bugs like silencer from my Moller appeared in inventory but it was already installed.

2. i have dropped the weapon with both acogs, when picked up weapon is no longer bugged but ammo is still lost

2 Likes

It’s kind of the same loop I got stuck in, I didn’t manage to repro it then, as when falling through the ground seems to be impossible to find the same spot :wink:
And it took so much time to get everything back into it’s original pieces.

The non-removable scope might be your mag+silencer in an odd mix.

Did the ammo disappear from inventory, or do the weapon just say 0 and mag also 0 on the HUD? if so try a few other scopes addons, vision mods (that you don’t value to high if it would disappear)

lost ammo too - reloaded ag4 ammo gone from invent and gun empty…

Platform: Xbox One X

Steps To Reproduce: Seems randomly

Images / Videos: None

Host or Client: Host

Players in your game: 2

Specifications: Ammo disapears randomly when you reload, happend with 7.62 Ammo with AG4 and 9mm Sub with the HP5. Found the 9mm Ammo attached to the rocket launcher.

Hi,

I experience the same issue since the patch 1.03.

Platform: PS4
Appearance: randomly (verified in battles)
Played solo

This is a repeating issue for me too (PC)
Found this example on YouTube (not mine) https://youtu.be/d1_b5ZoHfnE
Today it happened while looting an ammobox as well. Clicked take all, gun flickered and I was down to 6/0000 from 400-ish for the kpist. Only experienced during firefight before, PP (had about 200?) and ak4.

Also on PS4 as well.

Short update:
I played some sessions with a friend meanwhile and the problem did not occur anymore.

So the “setup” changed to following way:
Role: Host
Players in game: 2

Happened to me too just nu after the last update 2019-04-26.

Steps To Reproduce: NIL

Images / Videos: NIL

Players in your game: 1

Specifications: Ammo disapears randomly when you reload, happend with 5.56 ammo with AG5 and High Explosive for GRG(rocket launcher).

I have the same bug.

Players in your game: 1

Specifications: Ammo disappears randomly when you reload or switch weapons, happend with high explosive for rocket launcher and 12 gauge shotgun.

I’m playing on an Xbox one and every time I quit out and then jump back in to continue, I lose all my ammo in my equipped gun. It has happened with my submachine gun and assault rifle. Both of which I was holding when I quit out of the game. I will test it more tomorrow but it seems to only happen to the gun I am currently holding when I quit the game. This is definitely a huge disappointment especially when you have gathered a plethora of ammo for your favorite gun and then all of it is gone when you come back in.

I suggest until a patch is out to fix something like that you upload a save to the cloud. I have had an issue where I found 2 guns. A pistol and a shotgun, green rarity. I picked them up at the same time out of a chest. My game freezes and when I load the game again it tells me my save was corrupt but it could try and restore it. LUCKY for me that saved my file but I plan on uploading a save copy in case of anything happening.

Oh this sounds a little strange. Let’s see if we can get this fixed. Please follow this format READ BEFORE POSTING - How to Make a Bug Report and then post here https://forum.generationzero.com/c/bug-reports . Sorry to hear that you’re having such an unpleasant experience, let’s get this fixed ASAP for you!