[Disappearing Weapons] Accidentally dropping weapons into dead enemy loot containers while looting

From what I’ve experienced and friend it can happen anywhere, switching sessions possibly been a trigger for us, hope you get another drop :woozy_face::+1:

As by demonstration by @SR_knivspark I’ve just recently recycled 5* mag for G3 that was attached to gun by rapidly tapping action (when been sorting hoarded stuff and loitering around scrapper) - as stated, it was first in the list of “everyting” tab (don’t remember what exactly I did, but mag was recycled right after tab switch) and I admit it’s my screw-up.
One of theory that every time I recycled non-stack item (guns and attachments), I had to select it to be sure I’m recycling that item. Knowing rigid responsiveness of “inventory” menu tab, either I’ve tapped “acton” to much or didn’t clicked enough on item. This problem has same root in inventory’s “same quality” sorting - ammo, consumables and other items within same quality will wildly shuffle if their count more than there’s slots withing single screen (7).
So I recycled some attachment, and then I’ve had only “golden” (5*) quality and non-quality optic mods in tab and said mag was selected “next”, which was recycled with hasty actions.

One problem could be lag. This has happened to me before, where I hit the button twice, thinking it didn’t register the first time, but then two things were recycled because I hit the button twice, but the lag made it look like I had to hit it again.

good news everyone

Hello again! I got some good news to share with you regarding this issue. Our first step dealing with the issue of “disappearing weapons”, specifically preventing items from accidentally being stored in loot containers, will be in the next update/patch!

This fix means there will be a new behavior for loot containers (loot containers = machines, backpacks, boxes, etc):

• Rather than manually having to close the “loot window” when you are done, it’ll now automatically close when you have picked up all items in the loot container, which means less input required from you and reducing the risk of accidentally storing items in the container after having emptied it and the marker auto-selecting your items.

• After the loot container has been emptied and the “loot windows” has been closed the loot container can no longer be interacted with.

We are hoping that this fix will greatly reduce the number of reports of weapons disappearing (and if for some reason the issue keeps happening and being reported we’ll have to look into further actions that we can take).

And on that note, we still need to investigate and gather more info on the possibility of there being another cause for disappearing weapons. I see some speculation and theories here which we should look into soon. If you believe you may know something about what else might be causing weapons to disappear do not hesitate to mention it here, describing it in as much detail as possible.

Thanks for sharing helpful information in this topic, thank you for your patience, and thanks for reporting! :pray:

EDIT / UPDATE: On testing the changed behavior further we’ve noticed that there are still edge cases where you can accidentally deposit your items into a loot container, thus we will do some additional improvements to the changed behavior to further minimize the risk of this occurrence.

EDIT / UPDATE - SEPT-NOV 2021: With the next patch it should no longer be possible to drop items into loot containers such as destroyed machines, ammo boxes, etc (The patch has unfortunately been delayed due to complications, see our news letters on the official website for more detailed info, but know that we are working on getting it out to you as soon as possible!)

11 Likes

Thank you for your hard work to fix this issue. It is much appreciated.

This.

(20 characters)

1 Like

Hi guys today [27.05.2021] i first time play on co-op mode with a friend when i back to single player mode my Experimental Pansarvärnsgevär 90 with 5 crown scope 8x16 scope / visiual module and 5 crown extended mag where missing from my eq.

Is there any option to retrive it [expect hard grinding on lvl 4 rivals] -.-

Thanks god i didnt lost experimental shotgun. Now im worried that i can lose any other item/weapon high grade on next co-op session.

#HELPMEGUYSWITHTHATISSUE
#DEVTEAMHELP?

Same issue topics merged.

Btw, Generation Zerso forums aren’t Twitter or Instagram. So, no need to use hashtags here.

//Mod

Yes. Trade it with someone in MP game.

idk if this is usefull information but a sniper rifle i have cant remember exactly what. i found another one already so its good. atleast mine vanishedwhen i shot a gas tank to get unstuck from the bench rows in a church. it worked but my gun seemed to vanish after the explosion. maybe this can be usefull information for fixing the issue idk

:information_source: This topic has been dedicated to the issue where weapons are accidentally dropped into dead enemy loot containers while looting.

With the next update it will no longer be possible to put items back into loot containers!

For the issue with weapons disappearing / despawning please see this topic;

1 Like

why not flag important items , and when they are being transferred add a “are u sure u want to transfer / del this” etc etc . this would solve the prob with recycling too. just a thought.

1 Like