[DLC Ideas] Dump Them Here!

Cosmetics are actually one of the few things I personally would rather just pay for because they quite simply are little more than vanity items. It’s a very easy way for the devs to add a small extra income stream to a game without actually impacting anybody’s ability to play the game itself.

2 Likes

In most games I’d say no to any micro-transactions even cosmetic but for this game maybe. The game is good, the devs seem to care so maybe a little extra income flowing in would be deserved.

Perhaps it does but how do those microtransactions reflect their motives? :confused:

I’m not sure what you’re trying to ask.

I’d say the issue isn’t that it’s a microtransaction, but how they’re actually used (which I think is what @J053phH1.LL is getting at). It’s obvious that what was done with Shadows of War or the recent Star Wars Battlefront 2 was bad on multiple levels. However, you’d have a very hard time convincing any sane person that the 2 USD cosmetic packs for Borderlands 2 are actually bad given that they’re not an infinite money sink, don’t impact gameplay in any practical way, and give you exactly what you want when you buy them.

3 Likes

Ok i get it. On that note I did say it maybe wouldn’t be a bad thing for this game (as long as they stay away from rng loot box mechanics that is).

Yes that’s right. I’m sorry it was not clear earlier.

1 Like

more free t-shirts and bike rides i say , i want a bmx track with jumps

1 Like

A new collectable. VHS tapes. That’s a thing from the 80’s i miss in the game.

3 Likes

We could also have collectable off brand video games as well!

1 Like

I would definitely like to see more cosmetic stuff"police uniform,firefighter,hunter", and some stuff that has actual uses, like web gear,backpacks, and i wouldnt mind the base fortification with a wave mode.

So, my idea for DLC content is to make all building destroy-able, this will make combat more realistic. add in new robots, like a repair bot, or a massive boss bot that drops tanks and other enemies. the ability to actually claim a bunker to be your home base so you can improve it and upgrade your weapons and armor.
I would like for the AI to actually learn how I play and counter my style so i have to learn to play better.
Daily missions that open up weekly story content.
I would like the enemies to be a lot harder and smarter.

I suggest making the 2 currently inaccessible islands DLC while making the main land “free”. Introduce a motor boat that “fast travels” you from the big main island to the small island. And if the host owns the DLC, the other players can join there too.

Furthermore I think it would be cool if you could take one of the camp site Safehouses and “pimp” it with a few predefined choices (so not base building but still making it your own spot)
This Safehouse would be unique, maybe contain a second storage container that is not shared with the other Safehouses?

Lastly, purchasable gun/bicycle skins

Things that majorly affect gameplay (vehicles, enemies, guns etc) should remain “free” for the people that already bought the game imo.

1 Like

“destroyable buildings” would mean they would have to rework the entire physics system of the engine, the hit and damage systems as well, and redesign the entire map with new, destroyable buildings. It really isn’t worth the effort from a game developer’s perspective. It would also be impossible to sell as DLC since it will effectively be a different game so you wouldn’t be able to play with someone that doesn’t own the DLC.

EDIT:
Also adaptive AI that counters your playstyle does not exist. If that existed, the devs could sell the source code for billions to other companies such as Activision etc.

EDIT 2:
The devs do not have enough manpower to make weekly content/missions, this project probably has been made in the time span of over 5 years and it really is impossible to even just add 1 extra mission a week. More like 1 a month.

I am not sure what kind of reward would make the most sense if they introduced daily/weekly missions. There is no ingame currency to buy exclusive items (thank God), nor do I think dropping rare loot would be a good idea considering this would probably cut out the exploration aspect of the game.

I still think daily or weekly missions would be an interesting idea, though, and I could already think of a couple of variants, like killing a certain amount of one enemy type in a set time period, or kill a certain type with a specific weapon. Going against a Tank with your trusty Magnus only sounds like fun. :smiley:

I think your idea is really good and it’s already set up with the bunkers. All it takes is adding a “Make this bunker your primary home” function and then following that up with a customizable room or two for each bunker.