Dlc's releases?

Just quick question for moderators and players, have the dev’s mention anything about new content i.e dlc’s as it has been 6 months since alpine unrest and DLC’s normally drop 6 months apart.

1 Like

Sweet jesus… Has it been 6 months already?

Jomjom79

There currently is no announcement about a new DLC. But you never know what the devs are working on, so stay tuned!

No, they don’t.

There has been only one proper DLC, Alpine Unrest, that launched 9 months after GZ’s initial release. The other DLCs are clothing packs, which can be released in monthly basis if GZ artists/designers would only work for creating new clothing sets.

Also, devs won’t tell us anything in advance, e.g hyping up the upcoming content well in advance and when release date comes, there could be delays, leading in a lot of disappointment. Instead, devs like to pleasantly surprise us once the new content is ready and about to launch or just launched.

I’m reference most games and their dlc drops within other gaming companies and not specifically gz, sorry for not clear about that

You can not possibly compare Systemic Reaction and Generation Zero to e.g EA and Sims or Bethesda and Fallout. Also, many games never get any DLC after game’s initial launch while for others, it takes years before DLC is released.

Anybody figure any content hints for future content? Let this be a thread.

Same discussion topics merged.

Since this topic already asks about new content, any other queries about it can go here, rather than cross-posting the same question all over the forums as separate topics.

//Mod

Would be so down for more, this game is awesomes

//Mod

So as far as I know, Generation Zero isn’t selling so well anymore and a lot of players abandoned the game after the April patch.
So I could imagine that FNIX Rising will be the last content drop.
Is there any evidence for this or against it ?

As far as I’ve been told, it has Implications, which means it isn’t really stopping. It sure is bold to make such large strides in Advances of FNIX, but there have been so many large questions to answer. I’ve been confirmed on one question, but I’m keeping myself in the dark.

Even though I am holding back from any spoilers, it still most likely isn’t and wouldn’t make sense to end there. There are questions that expand beyond so much that even two months of dev time couldn’t answer it all. There’s big questions about important people that need solving, there are bigger questions about the outside eyes looking in on us and the even bigger question how FNIX is alive and will keep itself alive. It’s 90% virtual, it can replicate itself or save itself however. It’d be hard to reach a conclusion… Just imagine if you were dealing with a virus you just activated by accident and started going in all the places for those roots, but they keep coming back and it’s an endless fight…

The April-patch sure was a serious setback, though from what I’ve seen on WIRED’s stream yesterday, the devs are are trying to consolidate what’s gone wrong in April and yet keep the game crisp and a hard nut to crack. That seems ok.

Content-wise I see no problem for GZ as you can always wrap this or that story on some end of the current game. The most important thing to me seems to be the ongoing problems in the console-world that need an urgent fix. I am on PC but I read a lot here about crashes, corrupt saves and the like. The console-market is not a segment you want to have frowning upon your product.

Why would anyone who has played the game a while abandon it??? Gen z as long as we support them will likely keep updating. Don’t give negative thoughts! :smiley:

2 Likes

//Mod

From my reply above:

With that said, there is no reason to think GZ is coming to an end, update wise.

How much can any game expect to sell more than a year after release? Not counting re-released AAA games, of course.
And if by players abandoning GZ, you mean those snowflake whiners over in the facebook comment section, they’re no loss at all!
I know some people have been able to play the new DLC, and they now know things I don’t know, but it would be a real shame if they cut the story short already now. There are 3 more empty islands they can open up, and I hope they do! But sure, it requires people playing the game. Real GZ fans don’t abandon because of one or two bugged updates.

2 Likes

Preach on brother. I’ve bought other games to try and keep me occupied but I always gravitate back to this damn game. It’s a love hate relationship. :rofl:

Weeeeell, Euro Truck Simulator 2 released in november 2012 and that’s still getting updates and DLC’s
I wouldn’t consider ETS 2 a AAA game.

I have been very lucky with GZ. My game has always worked. I’ve never had those game breaking bugs some people experience. This has become one of my favorite games, and it’s easily the best game of 2019, for me at least. I’ve more or less played GZ since release, except I have taken breaks to play Borderlands 3, The Outer Worlds, RDR 2 and Black Mesa 1.0. Now there is nothing else on my radar, I’m just SO ready for FNIX Rising and more GZ! :smile:

2 Likes

I have liked the game from the day 1. It brings me a lot of nostalgic memories living in 80’s Sweden, so I keep coming back to this all the time.
There are some bugs that still makes some things difficult, but most of the times they are easy to avoid, like the Tank’s unarmed attack that crashes the game (I just don’t disarm them completely anymore).