Does the exp. AG4 do actual fire damage?

Since I finally got an exp. AG4 I use it constantly since the illumination effect is especially helpful during nighttime. I have it used now for several 10s of hours but I am wondering whether the AG4 actually does fire damage. I never saw a machine getting one of it’s part destroyed by it and no machine got finally destroyed by the fire.

It seems to me that the fire is only an additional light source but nothing more. I thought that the fire does additional damage over time like when the char is burning alive when he comes close to a fire.

Yes, the exp AG4 does fire damage.
You can see this effect often at “wounded” runners that are still burning.
Sometimes they lose a component, sometimes they explode seconds after you shot at them.

It isn’t much, but it’s worth.

1 Like

Yes, you can see them be destroyed a few seconds after you hit them. It is also helpful for pointing things out to other players and like you stated, I light source in the dark.

I like to equip mine with a 4X8 scope, IR and xray, dual mode attachment and then swap out silencer or extended barrels. It is one of the most versatile weapons in the game.

Note: shoot ticks while they are still running, and it is fun to watch them blow up right after they jump.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up. Never observed a machine part get destroyed while the machine is on fire (and not being fired upon).

And just to be clear - fire damage works also outside of fire effect visual draw distance. So if you’ll shoot at a machine that is 200m away you will not see the flames, but the fire damage will be applied.

2 Likes