Drop rates for MG and gear/clothes need a tweak

I played the DLC solo and I killed 173 apo tanks before I had complete gold weapon sets:

First drop: Gold KVM89 after some 50 tanks killed.
Second drop: Gold KVM89 mag (~60 apo tanks killed).
Third drop: Another gold KVM89 mag (~70 apo tanks killed
Fourth drop: Gold MG silencer (¨~80 apo tanks killed).
Fifth drop: Gold KVM 59 magazine (~90 apo tanks killed)
Sixth drop: Gold KVM 59 (~160 apo tanks killed)
Seventh and final drop: Gold MG compensator (173 apo tanks killed).

I find it a bit ridiculous that I had to kill 160 apo tanks before getting a gold KVM 59. I paid for the DLC and played it through and then had put in three times the amount of time JUST get the gold KVM 59. That’s not very well balanced. Also, NO duplicate machine guns in 173 apo tanks. Makes me question whether I’ll bother with more DLC.

Further, not one piece of the police uniform found during all this times. I think drop rates over all need a tweak. Also, I think it would be nice if duplicate clothes can be brought down. Duplicate green gas mask number 78 and no police gear…

1 Like

Some stuff is rare. But 160 tanks is quite a lot.

But no duplicates is a good thing, no?

I would have preferred a duplicate MG to tons of PP Möller gold mags and the like, but sure, I only need one of each though I think one quarter story and three quarter grinding is off.

The special KVM 59 damage is actually quite good. That plus 250 ammo per mag, basically no reload down time.

1 Like

Only one problem to receive this gun and attachments :smirk:

I’ve killed probably 50 APO Harvesters,Tanks,same amount of FNIX robots,but I only found 3* mag KVM59,5* mag KVM89 and 4* KMV59.

I only ever found the gold stuff on the tanks but then again I was targeting them rather exclusively.

I would say: it’s RNG, I had mine (BOTH versions) from the first 2 Apo tanks I killed. :’(
Preferred to have it your way, believe me.

And no, you cannot just let them sit and vanish, we’re opportunistic, and would not do this IRL.

You had bad luck, so did I…
That’s RNG sadly.

Generally spoken though the drop rate is good.
It’s DARN bad for Experimental, disrupting the balance against us badly.
VERY VERY badly.

But… that’s how I see it.
We all have our opinions, there’s no right, no wrong, in this matter.

By the time you get that gun you dont even want to play anymore you played the whole game several times :joy:

1 Like

And I would have preferred it your way. Generally spoken I firmly believe the drop rates are unbalanced, at best. I have found each experimental weapon four times minimum (excluding the pistol which appeared three times so far). When chasing apo tanks it sucked when they became rivals as that increased the chance of yet another experimental weapon.

RNG is, by its very definition, obviously random but I still believe it needs to be a balanced or weighted RNG. Killing the same apo tank after apo tank with everything else done plain sucked. At least in the ratio previously mentioned.

@drimaxus True. This experience may have shelved GZ for me.

This is little off topic, but i have to ask this. This view is interesting for me. I wonder what makes some player so determined to get everything in games. Both play styles are totally valid in this question, im not making judgement here.

Which is more important:
Obtain all possible weapons, clothing & stuff
Or
Just play the game, and accept that might not get every item.

(just fyi, i have never found 5* semi auto shotgun ingame).

1 Like

To me it’s a bit of both, to break the chain of questing, or the hunt for weapon/item X.

I do miss the lethality of the early machines though… :frowning:

1 Like

Depends on the game. For me this game’s short storyline made me want to quest for the guns. I could give a fig about “fancy heels” but I do want the police uniform.

I like figs! and I found loads of heels. I wish we could trade.

I usually do the “Just play the game, and accept that might not get every item.” and then if its engaging enough try collecting things afterwards.

1 Like

I usually tend to ingore all collectables and other side activities in games. Only some weapons if they are useful to have, i try to get them up to certain point. But if RNG goes too low for, ill just accept the 2nd best and be fine with it.

This game some collectables are places quite nicely around mission objectives, houses, places, so you almost stumble across them.

1 Like

I usually get and do everything if I like a game very much. I prolongs play time. But only sometimes I start another play through for completionism. The game must be very enjoyable then. I did this for Dishonored 2 and Wolfenstein 2.

In this game I accepted that my collection of gold guns and festive clothes will be incomplete. Because I’m not doing this (fighting the same enemies over and over and over and over and over and over again).

Completionism through exploration is one of my favourites, though.

Some games won’t let you do this and I really don’t like it. Once I have “beaten” a game I like to be able to freely explore.

Yeah, that feels like the ghost of a mmporg mechanic.

1 Like