"E", Auto save, storage box DLC,

Platform: Steam

Description: i tried to get rid of the BS DLC stuff in my storage box, stuff that if i knew had a glitch i would NOT have purchased. . . so i got into the game and removed everything from my player.
then i went into the storage box and tried to transfer a single item with the “E” button and it crashed the game. . . but because of autosave + my stuff being on the ground i lost everything i had. . .

this storage box bug has made my game completely unplayable for years. . i tried to get back into the game but now THIS happens?!!? WTF?!

1. why is Autosave NOT a toggle?

2. why is there no easier way to get rid of junk out of your box.

3. why is this DLC bug STILL in the game after YEARS of being in??

4. WHY does leaving a game remove ALL dropped items. . . this should be on a timer AT LEAST. . .

Steps To Reproduce: hit E?? my best guess is due to the fact that i use ESDF instead of WASD that “E” is conflicting when im in the storage box? but. . .im in a different screen where you cant move so no clue why i cant and why this causes a crash??

Host or Client: Client

Players in your game: 1

Specifications:

How do you interact with something in the world?
Isn’t that set to E, too? Or were you able to change this binding, too?

If yes, to which button?
What if you press this button while in the inventory screen (instead of E)?

What is the BS DLC?

Which items do you want to get rid off?
Can’t you simply deactivate the DLC to remove the items?

Edit:
On Steam I just have the base game.
Nevertheless I tried to change the binding to a ESDF layout, which wasn’t that easy… So many bindings had to be changed to become able to set the ESDF binding.
Especially I wondered that there are about three actions that are bound to E on standard settings, but manually I’m not able to bind more than one action to a key.
And although I changed all of them, in inventory it’s still E used to transfer an Item for example. Those bindings aren’t affected.

So I now tried to move items using E while I had changed the layout to ESDF but it didn’t crash for me.

Does it happen just with a specific item for you?

Did you try to reinstall the game?
Did you try to reset the binding to default (and change it again, if necessary)?
Did you ever use any mods?

@SR_Carni what about a feature to delete items from inventory (plundra/recycling station) so that you don’t need to pick them and then drop them?

Example:
In Everspace 2 you can recycle some items, you can move them to stock or you can destroy some of them.
For each of these options you have to hold a button for some seconds, as security option against accidently pressing the button.

So in GZ there could be an option to hold D to delete an item. Select the item you want to delete, hold D for 2 seconds, select the amount you want to delete (if applyable) and confirm with E.
For consoles maybe L3 could be used instead of D.

1 Like