Easter Eggs... with map location please

Or they could download the map you posted with everything on it

1 Like

There are only a couple of easter eggs on there.

For instance, the Shining easter egg is not on it. :wink:
nor is the Star Wars easter egg hidden in the lightside and darkside gnome.

1 Like

Well… Gysberts’ map is with my Favorites/Bookmarks for a long time.
But it’s also a lot visual info of high to low targets.

My question is purely how to finetune map coördinates.
A lot of things can’t be found ‘organically’. That’s exactly the point.

The example given by me is a ‘need to know’: blow up some rocks and you’ll find an Easter egg.

Do you see yourself blowing up every rock in the hope of finding a probably Easter Egg in this Great and great Open World? :laughing:

I imagined this one. That’s no fun and too hard. Then, walking at a certain location, you should be endless moving towards ( if ever possible) a specific location. Relative effort is too much at this point.
Locations, purely based on coördinates, are too frustrating for me. Hope the DEVs will build such a searchbar. For now: this fun (and their effort) will be skipped by me.

I would love to have a feature to be able to set own favourites for locations. Custom waypoints, by coordinates (type in) or selected location on the map, with the ability to name them.

Or in short:
An editable version of gysberts map ingame. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

A really very good idea. This small feature would significantly increase the quality. Customised text markers would not be built in from devs, I guess. But several freely placeable different symbols would be great.

2 Likes

But does Gysberts’ map have the visual indicators of a easter egg location?

Don’t see that at the moment.

Yes. They are in Orange text. But as I said earlier, I don’t have them all.
I just updated the map today, made the orange text a bit lighter and some other nick nacks. So if you use a downloaded version, re-download it. Or if you use the Google Drive view version, then you always have the latest version.

O the view can be too small, for the older gamer with no longer 20/20 vision, but several presses of Ctrl key + Plus sign enlarges, and Ctrl + zero key sets browser back to normal view.

1 Like

[quote=“Gysbert, post:12, topic:44295”]
O the view can be too small, for the older gamer with no longer 20/20 vision, but several presses of Ctrl key + Plus sign enlarges, and Ctrl + zero key sets browser back to normal view.
[/quote] What are those glasses at Bunker 66 :nerd_face:

:joy:

EDIT: I do use the updated version, never too many details - what a job!
So in the case of my e.g. Averholm orchard is the location of this Egg.

Going for it right now.

Nah, walked around and searched everywhere, but can’t find it in this area - wíth my pair of glasses.
Grrr… looked at the red text - there should be one here, but you were referring to the orange text locations.
My fault…

But at last found Klacksundsfyren, the hidden cave.

1 Like

The glasses on the map you mean? Those show the location of special glasses which, if picked up, are added to your Apparel. There are three of those special Glasses. When you equip them, you get a different world view. It’s just a fun thing. Not something you’d really want to use long. You most likely already collected them.

1 Like

This world never ceases to amaze me…

There they are, and again a big thx to @Gysbert.

Maybe I’ll add screenshots of how it looks like if they are equipped.

1 Like

Wow, whát a list! Beautiful, but complex game.

the black & white glasses are my favorite, :nerd_face:, kinda looks like those old black & white movies, or TV series Tales from the darkside

1 Like

Found the Milestone, but what to do with that?

Gun in Campfire: found.

That’s very hard to find - if you don’t know coördinates! (and swimming)

But… let’s be real: who could? Without the map of Gysbert? Very, very few I think.

I don’t remember her at the gun & campfire, but I haven’t been there in a while, maybe updates have added somthing

GZSP

Can’t be found by me.

Easter eggs mostly refer to things, movies, books, events, etc. that happened outside of the game.

Snowball (a pig) was a character in George Orwell’s Animal Farm. In the side-mission Hogging supplies, you have to find Snowball’s pen/stable. Also Hogging is a play on hog (pig).

There is nothing to find if you did the mission.

If you look carefully on a enlarged map, you will find a red dotted line that shows you the way how you can traverse the parts of the water that are not too deep. So you can walk. But if i could find the route that I could wade through, anybody can.

This is a tribute to a wonderfully talented and nice devlady, who also left the team. Not really an easter egg but something special to remember her by.

2 Likes

Aha!

Yes, I saw the dotted lines - very smart. After not too much effort I managed to find me a way to this lady. :pray:

1 Like