Ending of Generation Zero [Spoilers! Big Spoilers!]

I recently achieved the ending of the game and I was…

Really disappointed.
Me and my friend started laughing at the ending room, with the poorly placed assets that obviously weren’t there normally, they had just been thrown in.
I may sound a bit rude but it doesn’t look like they put any effort at all into the room that was supposed to “surprise us”, then the facility self destructed, we ran and it slowly went white
The explosion? We heard around half of it before it cut off and we appeared a distance away.
The bunker was still intact and we could go inside after it blew up.

The ending was just really really terrible in my opinion, it didn’t feel like any effort went into it and it was just rushed to say the game was finished.

It’s the same with the FNIX DLC with the outposts, you can tell they have just been put there and quickly forgotten about, they don’t look apart of the world at all and it just looks terrible.

I really love this games artstyle and graphics, it’s beautiful.
But seeing it like this was just disappointing, I expected more from the ending, maybe a little more dramatic.
It would’ve been perfected if it looked better and was polished, and the explosion was something we got to see instead of our screen just turning white then playing an explosion MP4.

Was it just me and my friend that thought that?

2 Likes

You’re actually not supposed to be able to enter the bunker after it explodes. I can’t say that it is the perfect ending but I feel it’s okay.

I’m fine with the ending, it’s just how it was played out.
The poorly put together enviroment and everything was out of place, you could tell they just slapped down an asset without trying to make it fit in with the bunker, maybe they could change the floor to make it fit in with the machines and so on, it just didn’t look or feel right and it really ruined the atmosphere for me

1 Like

What are you talking about? Everything about the final bunker is unique, no other bunker looks like that or has that kind of layout. From the initial catwalk across that deep pit, to the offices and lastly the lab where the experiment took place is all designed, nothing about it is just slapped together quickly.

I’m a bit confused, did we play the same game? :thinking:

3 Likes

The offices looked fine, it was just the very final area that looked really off to me, I looked like a concrete room with a bunch of sci-fi assets thrown in and it just didn’t fit. It looked really out of place, the layout wasn’t an issue it just didn’t look good.

1 Like

You mention playing FNIX rising DLC, but not Alpine Unrest, have you played Alpine Unrest? In my opinion Alpine unrest is better than FNIX rising and a much more fun experience.
I don’t see how you think the outposts don’t fit in, the game evolved and FNIX created the outposts, what was a farm became a fnix military base, its a shame the searchlights don’t set off an alarm I will admit.

Ah, thanks for clarifying. Yeah it does look a bit barebones. Maybe that could be addressed in the future. One can hope, at least!

The outposts as a concept, perfect. Love em’

But, but.
They just look like they were quickly placed down and forgotten about, there is little effort to make them fit in and look as if they had actually built it, maybe add some wear and tear to the floor underneath the outpost, but no. it’s just a road and grass that is completely fine.
It looks a bit odd and ruins it for me, they are perfect in writing but visually they don’t look very nice.

The ending would be great if it was just polished a bit more and looked a bit more visually appealing.

Though, they are very busy and maybe this will be bettered upon in the future.