Experimental AG4 bug

Hello Gents. I have a new issue popping up that is quite frustrating. Playing on Xbox One, I bought the DLC about 3 days ago. Since I’ve been on Himfjall, I’ve noticed I will load my AG4 at the safehouse, and when I run out of the ammo that was loaded in it, I cannot load anymore ammo. When you add the ammo to he gun, nothing happens. When you stack the ammo on the gun, it disappears until you find out your weapon has no ammo and it’s back in your inventory. Now I played around with it a little bit and I found that if you drop the weapon on the ground and pick it back up, everything goes back to normal. But imagine how frustrating it is to be surrounded by enemies and your AG4 won’t take any ammo. Anyone else experiencing this issue? I’ve traveled to the mainland a few times and I’ve never had it happen there. It’s just on Himfjall, and it’s just the experimental AG4. I’ve never had anothe weapon do that. Let me know if you’re having similar issues, cheers mates!

It’s known old issue and it doesn’t affect only 6* AG4 but 5* AG4 as well. And most likely every other version of AG4 has that issue. I’ve had this bug for several months, more like 4 or so (playing on PC).

For some reason, when running out of e.g FMJ and if you want to put AP in it (or vice-versa), game instead duplicates one of the other attachments the weapon has, without loading ammo in it.

Faster way to fix it is to open up the weapon attachments list and remove the duplicated attachment. Once it pops out, put the ammo into the weapon and drag the attachment back onto the weapon. Rarely, you can’t put the initial duplicated attachment back since another attachment has duplicated. Doing it 2nd time over usually fixes the issue.

1 Like

@Aesyle I hadn’t heard about that bug, I appreciate the info and the quick fix tip. Just tried it out and it worked exactly like you said it would. Much appreciation, cheers mate!

Have you attached an extended magazin on your AG4?
Because I had some problems with my AG5 in combination with ext mag. When I removed it, i could load ammo in my gun again.

1 Like

Please allow me to blatantly link my own (very extensive) bug report about this:
(Including the -exact- causes and several semi-workarounds).

:wink:

3 Likes

@Dantec I do have an extended magazine on it, you’re probably right because quite frequently does it show two extended mags on the gun at one time. @Voodoo I appreciate the link I searched for similar issues but I missed your post somehow

I had the same phenomenon. I think i could fix it with droping the gun and take it back again. When you take it, it has no ammo or attachements on it and you can equip everything again without the problem.
Unfortunatelly I could not reproduce the bug.

1 Like

No “mate”, her…

1 Like

@Bootie it’s my universal gaming term, my fault. Lol

1 Like

@anon99046371 and @Dantec

It has nothing to do with the Extended Magazine in particular.

But hey … , if you can’t be bothered to read my bug report then by all means, … feel free to keep on speculating and scratching your heads, of course. :smiley:

** Sigh **

3 Likes

@Voodoo I read your bug report I was just speculating further. I’ve found a couple different ways to get around this issue and yours is a guaranteed way to fix it. That’s been confirmed, I just like to conversate about the topic.

Well, be my guest, of course.

I just thought it’d be nice to share the exact answer with my fellow gamers so they don’t have to waste their precious time re-inventing the wheel and, in stead, can just have fun playing the game whilst avoiding those annoying bugs at the same time.

It’s just that after spending -hours- and -hours- (and -hours- and -hours-) of systematic testing, reloading, recording, rendering and writing, it’s a bit “headdesk”-worthy for me to see the speculation about that darned Extended Magazine still going on like that -after- I posted the answer …

Now, I like guarantees :wink: and I’m pretty confident I “nailed down” the issue but since I’m not all-knowing there may -still- be other (less obvious or rare) causes/fixes for this bug.

So, since you like to converse about the topic … how about sharing those “couple different ways to get around this issue” with your fellow gamers? :wink:

If it’s not the obvious “remove an attachment”/“drop the weapon”/“don’t empty out your supply”-thing (the latter of which I actually forgot to explicitly include in the solutions :crazy_face: ), of course :upside_down_face: