Experimental AG4 not applying damage over time effect

Platform: PC

Description: After extensive testing I can only conclude that the experimental AG4 is not applying any additional damage to targets

Steps To Reproduce: General gameplay, to discern damage differences a 5 star AG4 and exp AG4 were used. Both without attachments. Diverse enemies were EMP’d and the same component targeted.
Skills were not reset during this testing. In the example screenshots 5 shots were fired at full auto point blank range at the center of a prototype class tanks fuel tank, both weapons brought the fuel tank down to 39% and the overall health down to 93%. Difficulty was skirmish. Abilities that influenced damage were trigger happy level 1 and component damage level 1.

Images / Videos:

Experimental AG4:

5-Star AG4:

Host or Client: Solo

Players in your game: 1 (Host)

Specifications:

Intel(R) Core™ i9-10900KF CPU 3.70GHz
32 GB RAM
Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 super

3 Likes

Mmh. At least in the past it did…
I often had runners which exploded due to damage over time by the fire.

Yeah, the runners, lynx, and hunters you can time when to stop firing at them and they are destroyed a few seconds later. Sometimes it doesn’t always work and have to make a second pass. But it is not a shock that something else doesn’t work correctly after all the issues from the last few updates.

Aye, I am not noticing the thing anymore where a part/piece of armor would fall off AFTER shooting, I also tried it with 3 shots on a prototype hunters gun and 5 shots on a FNIX hunters gun, damage percentages were entirely the same for AG4 5* and EXP. Right now there is not much of a point to use the AG4 exp over the AI-76 if you’re not using shock ammo or fighting high range because both deal the same damage.

That being said, it’s probably also worth testing multiplayer where one player stuns an apocalypse machine on adventure mode, keeps the binocs on the enemy for damage percentages and another player keeps firing on the same part, say 20 shots on a tanks gun, and the player with the binocs will see if there is any damage dealt after the shots have been fired and the DoT is active.

1 Like

I also use EXP AG4 on XB1 and don’t think I’ve ever observed the fire damage being applied. certainly never had a bot of any strength go down after I stopped firing rounds into it, something which I see all the time with shock ammo on game clips posted by others.

This is a pretty serious bug. @Avalanche_Pontus and @SR_knivspark are the team aware of this??

3 Likes

@Zesiir do you have any visibility if this is confirmed with QA? Sorry to be a bother…

1 Like